Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Man Accused of Biting His Children

Thursday, April 24, 2008

SAN MARCOS — When asked why he bit his three young children, Cesar Mojica Carmona, 24, told police in a taped statement that he didn't know.

"There's no explanation," Mojica Carmona said at one point. "I'm an (expletive)."

The statement was entered into evidence Wednesday in the second day of testimony in Mojica Carmona's trial, in which he faces several charges of injury to a child, a felony. He is accused of abusing his 4-year-old daughter and 3-year-old twins, a boy and a girl, including biting, kicking and hitting them.

San Marcos Detective Adrian Marin told Hays County jurors Wednesday that Mojica Carmona spoke without an attorney present after being arrested in 2006. Marin said he interviewed Mojica Carmona in Spanish; Mojica Carmona told police he came from Guanajuato, Mexico, to the United States about 1996.

Marin said Mojica Carmona told him that he regularly blacked out from drinking and didn't remember what he did to the children.

Marin asked Mojica Carmona several times whether he understood that he had a right to have an attorney, and Mojica Carmona answered affirmatively, according to a translated transcript of the two-hour interview.

During the interview, Mojica Carmona attested many times that he was a good father to his children and that many people would tell him as much, Marin said.

"He always said he never hit them hard," Marin told jurors.

The state removed the three children from the home where they lived near Dripping Springs with Mojica Carmona and their mother, Sara Amaya, 23. A fourth child, a boy born after the arrests, is in foster care with his siblings.

When the state removed them, the children had too many scars, bruises and bite marks on their bodies to count, and they were visibly malnourished, according to testimony Tuesday.

The children had several scars from blunt-force trauma inside and around their mouths, according to testimony Wednesday from Pamela Singletary, an Austin-area pediatric dentist who examined them.

In his statement to police, Mojica Carmona, who cared for the children while Amaya was at work, said he'd feed them cereal for breakfast and keep them in a room watching cartoons so they wouldn't be injured in other parts of the home where there were exposed nails and construction work going on.

In explaining his children's injuries, Mojica Carmona said a scorpion stung his son and then a drawer fell on him.

At another point, Mojica Carmona told police he bit his children as a discipline technique that he said he learned from his mother.

The trial is scheduled to continue for several days. Amaya is also charged with multiple counts of injury to a child; her trial is pending.

Doesn't speak English and he's been here since 1996. Something wrong here?
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

This piece of trash is an alcoholic and a cannibal. DEPORT HIM AND THE MRS!
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

That mother is just as unfit as the animal she mated with and should be on trial right along with him for failing to protect her children.

They both need to sit in prison before being deported and I hope they never see those poor babies again.

When the state removed them, the children had too many scars, bruises and bite marks on their bodies to count, and they were visibly malnourished, according to testimony Tuesday.

Any bets that the parents were eating very well compliments of the food stamps provided by their anchors?

I'm seething.............
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

AZ,

I am not a betting woman. I only bet on a sure thing. So, in this case I will bet $1,000,000!!! lol!!!

Ex OC, I won't take you up on that bet. I would even raise the stakes! What really chaps me is that nobody in the article asks the obvious question, are they here legally? 11 years and doesn't speak English? !

Quote Originally Posted by Ex_OC
    AZ,

I am not a betting woman. I only bet on a sure thing. So, in this case I will bet $1,000,000!!! lol!!!
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBorn
    Ex OC, I won't take you up on that bet. I would even raise the stakes! What really chaps me is that nobody in the article asks the obvious question, are they here legally? 11 years and doesn't speak English? !

Quote Originally Posted by Ex_OC
    AZ,

Texas, you and I cannot bet coz we are on the same side!! LOL. Gee, that would've been a cool million TAX-FREE for me.....sheesh. hahhaha.

Wow Ex, and Tex .........we'd all be multi millionaires at this point
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)