Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Man dies during struggle with border agents at San Ysidro

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2 View Post
    Given the choice of being shot by a 9mm or a stun gun

I'll opt for the stun gun every time.

(Unless I want suicide by cop. Then I'll take the 9mm.)
    The last time I checked, you don't get a choice. How about, opting for no weapon being used against you unless you are armed and using the weapon to kill a police officer or someone else? I mean it's just a thought here in our little land of the free and home of the brave.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    The last time I checked, you don't get a choice. How about, opting for no weapon being used against you unless you are armed and using the weapon to kill a police officer or someone else? I mean it's just a thought here in our little land of the free and home of the brave.
    Do you honestly not realize how ludicrous that sounds? Have you ever tried to apprehend someone that outweighs you by 100 lbs and his high on crack? Such a situation could very quickly become deadly to the cop if the individual were to overpower him and take his gun! Personally, I think you need to seriously rethink your position on this because your way of thinking would make a cops job much more dangerous than it already is.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW:

The guy had a felony warrant

he jumped over the counter and attacked an agent

and he was on heroin and meth

and she doesn't want them to use a stun gun to stop him.

That might make P.C. sense to someone, but not me.

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Quotes from articles:

"During a computer check, U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents found that he had an outstanding felony warrant."

"Agents attempted to arrest the man, who was not handcuffed, but he "jumped over the processing counter and attacked an agent," Rorrison said."

" he was under the influence of methamphetamine and heroin."
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Do you honestly not realize how ludicrous that sounds? Have you ever tried to apprehend someone that outweighs you by 100 lbs and his high on crack? Such a situation could very quickly become deadly to the cop if the individual were to overpower him and take his gun! Personally, I think you need to seriously rethink your position on this because your way of thinking would make a cops job much more dangerous than it already is.
    Well, I'm sorry, being a cop is a dangerous job, but it's not the obligation of innocent people to die for your fears of the job. If you don't know how to handle a big guy on drugs, then step aside so someone who does can get the job.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW:

The guy had a felony warrant

he jumped over the counter and attacked an agent

and he was on heroin and meth

and she doesn't want them to use a stun gun to stop him.

That might make P.C. sense to someone, but not me.

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Quotes from articles:

"During a computer check, U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents found that he had an outstanding felony warrant."

"Agents attempted to arrest the man, who was not handcuffed, but he "jumped over the processing counter and attacked an agent," Rorrison said."

" he was under the influence of methamphetamine and heroin."
    So, he was "under the influence of meth and heroin". What does that mean? It means you shouldn't shoot him with a Taser because it could kill him. What was the felony warrant for? Some drug offense? You mean 4 border patrol agents couldn't handle this guy? No, of course they could handle him. 1 of those guys decided to Taser him, and when he did that, the agent killed him. That's why the Medical Examiner ruled it a homicide, because that's what it was.

Border Patrol states in the article they just wanted to arrest him, they didn't want to kill him. It wasn't their intent to kill him when they Tased him. So why is he dead? He's dead because they had Tasers and didn't know they were lethal weapons that could kill their victims.

If they'd known the Taser could kill the man, they wouldn't have used it on him. If cops would wake up and learn the facts about Tasers, none of them would want to use them, because they only use them on people they don't want to hurt, but some of the time they end up dead out of their ignorance of the risk.
    Last edited by Judy; 06-11-2015 at 04:16 AM.

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Well, I'm sorry, being a cop is a dangerous job, but it's not the obligation of innocent people to die for your fears of the job. If you don't know how to handle a big guy on drugs, then step aside so someone who does can get the job.
    Policemen aren't supermen in police uniforms, they are just people like you and I. Part of their training included doing whatever is necessary to protect themselves and the general public from violence. They face dangers everyday in their job that the average citizen will never face. Honestly, I think your lack of knowledge on what they deal with on a daily basis is clouding your judgement on this issue.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Policemen aren't supermen in police uniforms, they are just people like you and I. Part of their training included doing whatever is necessary to protect themselves and the general public from violence. They face dangers everyday in their job that the average citizen will never face. Honestly, I think your lack of knowledge on what they deal with on a daily basis is clouding your judgement on this issue.
    Well, MW, that is not the law enforcement arrangement US citizens have with their police. We are not a police state, we are not a protect the cops at the expense of innocent civilians type of society. I realize some want that type of society, but I am not one of them, and frankly I'm surprised that you or anyone else on this forum would be.

And you need to be careful assuming who has knowledge of something and who doesn't. I grew up in a family that worked in the criminal justice arena and spent a great deal of my growing up years surrounded by law enforcement from Sheriffs to City Police to State Troopers, and the things we're seeing cops do today, using these Tasers like they do and shooting at anything or anyone who moves or pisses 'em off or doesn't follow their "commands", it's unheard of and totally unacceptable.

http://www.nleomf.org/facts/officer-...ta/causes.html

http://www.nleomf.org/facts/officer-...data/year.html

Last year, 117 police officers out of over 800,000 were killed in the line of duty from a wide range of causes, the highest from gunshots at 48, the second highest auto related crashes which is 33 and 10 more where they were struck by a vehicle.

During the same period, over 1000 people were killed by police, almost 10 times the number of police who died, including those who died from accidents. I'm sure some of the people the police killed deserved it, but I'm just as sure that many didn't.

We can't excuse civilian killings by cops as some type of "collateral damage" to ensure cop safety. When our society puts the life of a police officer above the life of civilians, things have gone terribly, terribly .... wrong ..... in our little land of the free and home of the brave.

But on the bright side, when we pass the FairTax and end the War on Drugs, we'll make our society a whole lot safer for police officers who will no longer spend more than 1/3 of their time and our resources chasing "suspicious" blacks down our streets.

You know I posted the information awhile back that showed the average annual arrest record for our 800,000 state and local police officers was 15 per year, about 1 a month, and 1/3 of those were drug-related arrests. It's in the FBI statistics. That's why I know our state and local police officers have more than enough personnel and resources to handle all arrests and deportations of illegal aliens and enforce US immigration law, something I believe they are well-trained, capable, ready and able to do and should be called upon to solve this problem for our country.

See the whole thing with the killing by the Border Patrol was apparently over drugs. The guy who died apparently had some heroin on him when they searched him, had some felony warrant out on him which is why they held him and searched him to begin with, which I believe one of the articles said was drug-related. The article said the Medical Examiner's report showed he had some meth and heroin in his system, so maybe he's a user. It doesn't say how much heroin he had on him, just that he had some. Most heroin doesn't come in through Mexico, so I can only assume whatever he had on him was for his own purposes until someone posts otherwise. In any event, the whole debacle and loss of life was over drugs.

What was the point of it? No point at all. A useless fruitless exercise that ended in an uncalled for unjustified Taser electrocution.

I'm sure if you put those 6 cops who killed Freddie Gray on a truth serum, they'll confess that they chased him because they were hoping beyond hope to find some dope on him. There wasn't any of course. And he's dead and they're on trial for various levels of murder. 7 lives and all the lives of their families ruined or turned upside down over the adrenalin rush of a potential drug bust.

The whole thing is nauseating.

MW: I've been meaning to share this with you
    but I'm having problems sending private messages.

Read more: http://dilbert.com/#ixzz3cah0NjwY

NO AMNESTY

MW
    MW: I've been meaning to share this with you
    but I'm having problems sending private messages.

Read more: http://dilbert.com/#ixzz3cah0NjwY

Lol.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast