Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Man pleads guilty, faces deportation

Man pleads guilty, faces deportation
    By Kate Braser
    Tuesday, January 29, 2008

A man originally scheduled for trial this week in a case where he was accused of driving drunk, crashing into a school bus and then fleeing charges for about a year has pleaded guilty in the case. He now faces deportation.

In court records, the defendant is identified by three names: Gabino Gonzalez, Jose Luis Torres-Rodriguez and Avenamar Morales-Perez.

STORY TOOLS
    E-mail story
    Comments
    iPod friendly
    Printer friendly
    More Local News
    EVSC could face budget cuts
    Reaction to Bush's speech mixed
    Potential I-69 tolls given test drive
    The U.S. Department of Justice believes the suspect's name is Jose Luis Torres-Rodriguez, but officials with the Mexican consulate have identified him as Morales-Perez.

The 26-year-old was scheduled to go to trial in the case this week, but court records show he recently filed a guilty plea in the case.

He was charged with criminal mischief, a Class D felony, and three misdemeanor counts. If the plea agreement is accepted by Vanderburgh Superior Court Judge Mary Margaret Lloyd on Feb. 14, Morales-Perez will be convicted of the Class D felony charge and of operating a vehicle while intoxicated endangering a person, a Class A misdemeanor. The additional misdemeanor counts would be dismissed.

The plea agreement calls for Morales-Perez to serve six months in prison, which he served already.

In addition to receiving time served, his driver's license will be suspended for one year and — as a special condition of his sentence — he must submit to Immigration and Naturalization Service for further deportation procedures.

In October 2006, Morales-Perez was accused of walking away from a hospital after causing an accident at Shadewood and Sweetser avenues.

Only minor injuries were reported in the crash, which caused more than $2,500 of damage to the bus. Morales-Perez was admitted to the hospital for head trauma, and once he was released, he left the city.

Police issued a warrant, but did not hear from Morales-Perez again until almost a year later, when Dubois County Sheriff's Department deputies arrested him after a traffic stop.

Morales-Perez previously has said he has no Social Security number and no home address. He is a resident of Mexico.

According to a news release previously issued by the Evansville Police Department, Morales-Perez was deported once before.

Scripps Newspaper Group — Online
    © 2007 The E.W. Scripps Co.
    Privacy Policy | User Agreement Comparison shop at Shopzilla and BizRate | uSwitch.com compares gas & electricity, home phone, mobile phones, broadband, credit cards, loans and car insurance
    WagNBrag - A place for people & their pets

http://www.courierpress.com/news/2008/j ... portation/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Every time these people are caught they should be made to give anyone who has enployed them names to authoritys.This way the family members or even state can go after them for compensation.Many counties in NC are going after ambulance bills which average about 341.oo a ride.They are going after bank accounts,state tax returns etc.However ,my inside source tells me that they are not going after people with spanish sounding names.I have promised never to give his name because he would lose his job.IF ANYONE ELSE IS AWARE OF THIS LET US ALL KNOW.

This is in my hometown. A few years ago we had no illegals, now we have thousands. Our Mayor basicly told us that our PD lacks the manpower to deport them in the Courier & Press. He even has an outreach program and the PD told a group of them that they would not check their legal status.
    Che Guevara wears a picture of ME on his t-shirt.