Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Maricopa County Sheriff's Office:

I just received the following email from the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office:

Media Advisory: December 10, 2009

The Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office is currently serving search warrants on the organization, Chicanos Por La Causa, at its headquarters, 1122 East Buckeye Road, Phoenix.

The search warrants are in reference to the criminal indictment earlier this week against Board of Supervisor Mary Rose Wilcox.

Currently, a statewide conference for members and associates of Chicanos Por La Causa is being held at the headquarters address.Â* As a courtesy to attendees, Sheriff’s deputies will not evacuate the building during the execution of the search warrant. Â*
    The rest of today could prove to be interesting!
    "There's no government, like NO government."

They should interview the attendees and ask for ID. Of course, that would probably be illegal for questioning people listening to anti-American blather. I suppose there is good evidence that this group has something to do with Mary Rose, otherwise they would not have gotten a search warrant.
    I'll say its gonna be interesting.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Interesting.

I was wondering how long it would take before Mary Rose was indicted on something.

Northern California (moved back to fight for our land and freedom)
    I love hearing Sheriff Joe stories. Just as they step up pressure on him, he steps up pressure on them.

Mainstream Media

The Mainstream Media will prolly avoid this story like the plague...lmao

Well, I guess the tip line is going to be ringing off the wall today.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Well, I guess the tip line is going to be ringing off the wall today.

Dixie

Banned
    Wilcox probe spurs search warrants at Chicanos Por La Causa

Maricopa County Sheriff's deputies served search warrants at the headquarters of the non-profit group Chicanos Por La Causa on Thursday morning as part of the agency's ongoing investigation into Maricopa County Supervisor Mary Rose Wilcox.

Deputies arrived at the non-profit's headquarters in the 1100 block of East Buckeye Road about 9 a.m. Thursday to serve the warrant.

"Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc. is cooperating fully with the search warrant delivered by the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office this morning," the non-profit's officials said in a statement. "Because of the search warrant, we have been advised by our attorney to make no further comment at this time."

A statement from the Sheriff's Office said deputies chose not to evacuate the building as the search was being conducted because the non-profit group was holding a statewide meeting on Thursday.

Wilcox was indicted on Tuesday on allegations of conflict of interest, perjury, forgery and false swearing. Some of the charges were related to loans she had received from Prestamos, a division of Chicanos Por La Causa, and votes Wilcox made as a supervisor that helped provide funding to the organization.

County Attorney Andrew Thomas said Wilcox failed to file paperwork with the county's Clerk of the Board noting her relationship with Chicanos Por La Causa, as elected county officials are required to do.

From November 2000 to October 2008, Prestamos lent $177,500 to El Portal restaurant, owned by Wilcox and her husband, Earl, according to a spokeswoman for the non-profit.

Wilcox and her attorney have declined comment.

The non-profit Chicanos Por La Causa, headquartered in south Phoenix, provides social and educational services to the community and is funded in part by public dollars. It is one of the largest Hispanic non-profits in the nation and was a powerful force in the local Hispanic community.

Thomas also revealed an unrelated indictment against Supervisor Don Stapley on Tuesday with felony charges including theft, fraud, perjury and forgery, all largely related to Stapley's fundraising efforts for his campaign as president of the National Association of Counties.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/phoe ... 10-ON.html