Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mass. factory owner sentenced in immigration case

Mass. factory owner sentenced in immigration case
    January 27, 2009

BOSTON—The president of a New Bedford leather-goods factory that was raided in 2007 by immigration agents was sentenced Tuesday to 12 months in federal prison for harboring and concealing illegal immigrants.

Francesco Insolia, the owner of Michael Bianco Inc., was sentenced by U.S. District Judge Douglas Woodlock after Insolia agreed in November to plead guilty.

Michael Bianco Inc. was also ordered to pay $1 million for 18 specific counts of knowingly hiring illegal immigrants between 2004 and late 2006.

Insolia told Woodlock he took full responsibility for not taking any action after being informed he had illegal immigrants working in his factory.

"I'm responsible for the conduct," Insolia said, while more than 30 emotional supporters listened. "Never in my worst nightmare would I think I'd find myself in the position I am in today."

In March 2007, federal authorities raided the Michael Bianco factory and arrested 361 workers, most of whom were from Guatemala, El Salvador, and Honduras.

Immigrant advocates criticized the March 2007 raid for separating families and leaving children without proper care. U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement said the raid was properly handled.

The company was sold to Eagle Industries of Fenton, Mo., more than a year ago.

Woodlock said he received an "extraordinary group of letters" from Insolia's supporters -- including former Latino employees -- who praised the Sicilian-born Insolia as a boss and for his community work.
    http://www.boston.com/news/local/massac ... tion_case/

Good! Now go after the rest of the employers who hire illegal aliens!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    Good! Now go after the rest of the employers who hire illegal aliens!
    I think the more employers who are given prison time, not just fines, but actual time in the big house, the fewer will be willing to hire illegals.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Unoccupied Southeast Georgia But Not For Much Longer
    It is good to finally see action on this. I have been calling members of congress for the past year since this raid. They employed illegal aliens and all were using stolen identities. Many were physically, mentally and sexually abused with child labor prevalent and workers were disciplined for leaving the line to use the restroom. This was a DOD contractor in an area of high unemployment. This is why I am worried about this stimulus. I am not a member of either political party. I have been on the phone all day with representatives from both parties including the majority, minority leaders and whips from both houses called our bicameral failure. The phones were open as I was easily able to get through which worries me about complacency on the part of the American people most who only see a promise of jobs and benefits but will be in for a very rude awakening when they show up at a work site to apply for employment but are told by employers they aren't needed because the crew is manned by illegal aliens. Time and time again this government has lied to us through endless empty promises. There is a large public library under construction down the street from my residence. As as I pass by it every day all I see are illegal aliens, not one American which also is the case on a state funded road widening project. If this government allows this to happen why should we believe this government will prevent the employment of millions of illegal aliens already here and the millions more who would illegally cross the border in search of these jobs? If this government ignores the millions illegally here who use stolen identities to fraudulently receive health care, welfare, food stamps, education and other benefits costing taxpayers 400 billion dollars annually and rises as 5,000 to 10,000 illegally cross the border every week how can we trust them to ensure illegal aliens don't further burden our health care, education, other social programs and institutions resulting in more costs to already suffering and struggling Americans. I have been watching the stimulus deliberations and have not seen one Democrat and hardly any Republicans (except for my next door representative Jack Kingston) mention anything about ensuring jobs and benefits will not go to illegal aliens. Democrats talk about helping unemployed Americans but mention nothing about ensuring illegal aliens DO NOT benefit from any jobs or benefits including welfare, food stamps, school lunches, health care and a plethora of other benefits which many illegally here already receive using stolen identities with many using multiple identities to receive multiple payments in various locations. This will result in a never ending flood of illegal immigration which will surely destroy our sovereignty and way of life.
    There is no freedom without the law. Remember our veterans whose sacrifices allow us to live in freedom.