Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mass. Tuition Bill for Undocumented Immigrants Fails

http://www.brocktonmass.com/news/publish/5000581.shtml

Tuition Bill for Undocumented Immigrants Fails
    By
    Jan 11, 2006, 20:17

Email this article
    Printer friendly page

BOSTON –State Representatives defeated a bill Wednesday 57-96 that would allow undocumented immigrant students to pay the same discounted in-state tuition rate at state colleges as Massachusetts residents.

Gov. Mitt Romney and Lt. Gov. Kerry Healey, had opposed the bill

The defeat was a blow to the Democratic leadership in the House, and by Attorney General Tom Reilly, who sent a letter to lawmakers urging him to vote for the bill. Earlier in the day House Speaker Salvatore DiMasi, D-Boston, also had sent a letter to lawmakers urging the support the bill.

DiMasi said he was disappointed, but said he hadn't pressured lawmakers to support the bill, calling it a "conscience vote."

DiMasi said he didn't think the public fully understood the issue. He also blamed federal immigration policy, which he said unfairly shifts the burden on how to deal with undocumented immigrants to the states. He said postponing the voted wouldn't have changed the outcome.

A Romney spokeswoman said the House made the right decision.

The defeat came after more than six hours of heated debate.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hurrah! A victory! Go Mass!

We hope that our copy of "How to Defeat Illegal Immigration In YOUR State" helped!

A victory!

W

Laws: How to defeat in-state tuition for illegals in YOUR state!

http://www.alipac.us/article396.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think we could call this a good day, William. Between this and the other successes around the country today.

Yep, it hasn't been easy, and we may have some of the hardest days ahead, but the tide has turned a lot !! That cannot be denied.

That is great. Last year it took a veto from the governor himself. Now they can't even get it out of the house. Even communistic Massachussets doesn't want it. Now I wish the rest of the country would get with it. I heard even Utah might repeal it too.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Now when is Massachusetts going to get rid of Ted Kennedy, who wants to give all the illegal aliens not only in-state tuition, but Citizenship as well?

Quote Originally Posted by TimBinh
    Now when is Massachusetts going to get rid of Ted Kennedy, who wants to give all the illegal aliens not only in-state tuition, but Citizenship as well?
    Hopefully this coming election.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by dman1200
    That is great. Last year it took a veto from the governor himself. Now they can't even get it out of the house. Even communistic Massachussets doesn't want it. Now I wish the rest of the country would get with it. I heard even Utah might repeal it too.
    Alot of people in MA did a lot of work to be sure it was defeated. I'm from MA and I'm not a communist. Our numbers are growing, in terms of groups working to fight illegal immigration. But we are still outnumbered.

PS- Ted Kennedy should be ousted in the next election. He is an embarrasment.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!