Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa Cleans Our Toilets!

http://english.people.com.cn/200604/11/ ... 57576.html

UPDATED: 13:42, April 11, 2006
    Thousands protest in Los Angeles, calling for new immigration legislation

Thousands of people took to the streets in Los Angeles on Monday, calling for new legislation that would pave the way for undocumented immigrants to become U.S. citizens.

The demonstration, led by Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa and Cardinal Roger Mahony, was part of a national "Day of Action" that followed the U.S. Senate's failure to approve federal legislation that would have provided a path to citizenship to some illegal immigrants.

The demonstrators waved U.S. flags and carried signs reading," Supporting the U.S. Economy is Not a Crime " and "Liberty and Justice for All."

"Today we say to America -- we've come here to work," Villaraigosa told the crowd near Olvera Street. "We clean your toilets. We clean your hotels.We build your houses. We take care of your children. We want you to help us take care of our children as well."

Villaraigosa encouraged demonstrators to continue rallying for legislation that will enforce the nation's immigration laws but also provide illegal immigrants a path to citizenship.

"We work hard. We play by the rules -- acknowledge our existence," Villaraigosa said. "We want to come into the sunlight. We want to come out of the dark."

His view was echoed by Cardinal Mahony, a strong advocate of immigration rights. He said: "We are America, the nation of immigrants seeking a better life for ourselves and our children. "

More than 500,000 people jammed downtown Los Angeles two weeks ago to protest a House bill approved in December that would have made it a felony to be in the country illegally. That bill also would have punished clergy and others helping illegal immigrants.

Senate leaders had tried in vain to agree on a measure last week offering legal permanent residency to undocumented immigrants who have been in the country for more than five years. The Senate got only 38 votes, and Congress is now on spring break.

U.S. President George W. Bush opposed amnesty for illegal immigrants no matter how long they have been in the country, saying it would be unfair to those who try to become citizens by following the rules. Many immigrants who came to the United States legally also were against granting illegal immigrants citizenship.

Source: Xinhua
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Well they must not be doing a very good job on the hotel front since it's been reported that alot are infested with bed bugs.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

got it

"We work hard. We play by the rules -- acknowledge our existence," Villaraigosa said. "We want to come into the sunlight. We want to come out of the dark."

Ok, right got, it, you come here illegaly, 25% of the prison population are illegal, 95% of outstanding murder warrants in LA are for illegal aliens, you drive without licenses or insurance, you don't pay taxes, you get free medical care, you pay cheaper tuition than legal residents, you collect unemployment when its not the lettuce season...

Okay Tony, got it....play by the rules, got it man...ok right...yea ....got it ....now I understand....

I was in L.A. last week & found out in a radio show, that we have the Mayor's name wrong, his correct name is
    Antonio Villarreconquista
    "We have room for but one flag, the American flag" - Theodore Roosevelt

Re: got it

Quote Originally Posted by jonhaloi

Ok, right got, it, you come here illegaly, 25% of the prison population are illegal, 95% of outstanding murder warrants in LA are for illegal aliens, you drive without licenses or insurance, you don't pay taxes, you get free medical care, you pay cheaper tuition than legal residents, you collect unemployment when its not the lettuce season...

Okay Tony, got it....play by the rules, got it man...ok right...yea ....got it ....now I understand....
    If only American citizens had it as good as illegal immigrants do. They have more rights than we do and yet it is still not enough. They want to come out of the dark huh? Seems to me they have been doing that for the last few weeks all over OUR country with no fear whatsoever.

John and Ken are going after him and having all their listeners send him toilet brushes.

http://www.johnandkenshow.com/

Flush Amnesty!
    Posted by Clay @ 12:58 pm

Contact Mayor Villaraigosa by

clicking here and tell him he is

Mayor of Los Angeles, not Mexico

City!

mayor@lacity.org .
    Some listeners have pledged to send him some of these in protest. Sounds like a fine idea. Get brushin’!
    (Looks like KFI listeners are single-handedly driving up the online prices for toilet brushes! The current best deal we can see right now is $4.73 including shipping.)You could always find one at the local dollar store and send it Parcel Post yourself, if you’re so inclined.

Send your (clean) toilet brushes to City Hall . . .

Mayor Toiletraigosa
    200 North Spring Street
    Room 303
    Los Angeles, CA 90012
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"We clean your toilets. We clean your hotels.We build your houses. We take care of your children. We want you to help us take care of our children as well."
    Am I missing something here? I don't remember Antonio Villaragoisa or any other illegal allien scumbag coming over to my house to clean my toilet or do any other work for that matter. No sorry I don't associate with criminals Mechista stooge. I wouldn't let any of you scumbags anywhere near my children if I ever have any. Since I don't travel much anymore, I have no need for a hotel so you clowns can go stuff it.

No I've been taking care of your children for decades. It's called taxation without representation and I'm tired of paying taxes so illegals can get all of the freebies. Go ask Vicente Fox to take care of your children. I want my taxes to go toward American children only.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Give Antonio a call. He is very reasonable and does a great job at cleaning toilets.

Antonio has taken up more than cleaning toilets.

http://www.mercurynews.com

Posted on Fri, Apr. 14, 2006

Thousands enjoy a brief Easter respite from LA's Skid Row

JOHN ROGERS
    Associated Press

LOS ANGELES - Just about the last thing Richard Ramirez expected when he ducked in out of the rain Friday for an early Easter dinner and a new pair of shoes was to have his feet washed - by Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa no less.

"No, I didn't expect that all," laughed Ramirez as he prepared to head back into the rain that was pelting Skid Row, driving thousands of its homeless into doorways and under awnings up and down its gritty streets.

The brief respite was provided by the Los Angeles Mission's annual Easter holiday dinner, in which celebrities and corporate executives stood side-by-side with mission volunteers dishing up baked ham and trimmings, sodas and pumpkin pie to some 3,000 homeless men, women and children.

"I've been coming here every year for eight years now," said Villaraigosa, who stopped to help volunteers wash the feet of hundreds of homeless, who were also given new shoes.

"Keep up the good work and God bless you," Ramirez told the mayor, who gave him a thumbs up.

The holiday ritual not only symbolizes the Biblical story of Jesus washing his disciples' feet, but also gives shelter personnel a chance to check for disease and recommend people for treatment, said Marshall McNott, the mission's president.

Over in the mission's sprawling dining hall, talk show host Leeza Gibbons, actor-director Forest Whitaker and other celebrities were dishing up meals as fast as they could.

"We all enjoy the riches of L.A., and we all need to make a commitment to helping others," said Gibbons, who was working her seventh Easter holiday, with help this year from her 8- and 14-year-old sons.

Whitaker was accompanied by his wife and three daughters, ages 7, 9 and 14.

"They're growing up in an environment so different than what I grew up in," said Whitaker, shaking his head. "I think they're beginning to see how blessed they are. They'll be coming back from now on, I think."

Enjoying their efforts were Damien and Vickie Gonzalez, their 10-year-old son, James, and 7-year-old daughter, Britney. The family, once homeless, now lives in a modest Skid Row hotel.

"Lack of money," Vickie Gonzalez smiled when asked what put them on the streets. The couple make a modest living selling candy and socks on downtown corners.

It was cocaine addiction that led him to jail and then Skid Row, said Vincent Fuller, a former truck driver who added he's been drug-free for three months and is trying to prove he's worthy of returning to a single occupancy hotel like the one he was booted out of for using drugs.

"I know this is not me," Fuller said as he lingered over a soda. "I know I can get back to what I was doing."

What is this guy an idiot, nice pic Brian, most of the illegal aliens I have seen working do a lousy job, lazy and always looking to leave early. No abla englaise when it suits them.
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast