Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Mayor Eric Adams predicts migrant crisis 'will destroy New York City'

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mayor Eric Adams predicts migrant crisis 'will destroy New York City'

Mayor Eric Adams predicts migrant crisis 'will destroy New York City'

Story by Danielle Wallace •16m

September 7,2023

New York City Mayor Eric Adams gave his most ominous prediction yet for the fate of the Big Apple, which is grappling with the influx of more than 110,000 migrants so far.

"Let me tell you something, New Yorkers. Never in my life have I had a problem that I did not see an ending to. I don't see an ending to this. I don't see an ending to this. This issue will destroy New York City. Destroy New York City," Adams said during a Town Hall meeting on the Upper West Side on Wednesday. "We're getting 10,000 migrants a month....

Now we're getting people from all over the globe have made their minds up that they're going to come through the southern part of the border and come into New York City."

Separately Wednesday, Adams announced the transition of an emergency respite site into a new Humanitarian Emergency Response and Relief Center (HERRC) at Austell Place in Long Island City as the number of migrants currently in the city’s care approaches 60,000, and as more than 110,000 migrants have arrived in New York City since last spring.

NEW YORK CITY COMPTROLLER REJECTS $432 MILLION NO-BID CONTRACT FOR MIGRANT SERVICES

Mayor Eric Adams is pictured during press conference at NYPD Headquarters Monday Sept. 5, 2023. On Wednesday, he said the migrant crisis "will destroy" New York City. Luiz C. Ribeiro for NY Daily News via Getty Images© Luiz C. Ribeiro for NY Daily News via Getty Images

"As asylum seekers have continued to arrive in New York City at an average rate of more than 2,400 every week, conditions on the ground required that the city transition the site to a large-scale congregate setting for single men," the mayor's office said in a press release. "The humanitarian relief center will start by providing shelter for up to 330 single men, but, once expanded to full capacity, the site will host a total of almost 1,000 asylum seekers."

New York Mayor Eric Adams addresses the media at a rally in support of asylum seekers on Aug. 15, 2023 in New York City. Spencer Platt/Getty Images© Spencer Platt/Getty Images

The expansion of the site makes it the city's 16th large humanitarian relief center as part of the more than 200 shelter sites the city is operating, Health and Human Services Deputy Mayor Anne Williams-Isom said at a separate news conference Wednesday.

READ ON THE FOX NEWS APP

NYC MAYOR ADAMS RESPONDS TO GOV. HOCHUL'S FEDERAL FUNDING

PUSH, CLAIMS CITY'S HANDLED MIGRANT CRISIS 'ALONE'

As of Sept. 3, she said the city had over 112,300 people in its care, including over 59,700 asylum seekers.

Over 10,100 asylum seekers have come through the city intake center since September 2022. The city has opened 206 sites, including 15 humanitarian relief centers.

Last week from August 28 to Sept. 3, more than 27,000 new asylum seekers entered the city's care.

A demonstrator holds a sign depicting New York City Mayor Eric Adams at a rally protesting the opening of a temporary shelter for asylum seekers in the Staten Island borough of New York, US, on Tuesday, Sept. 5, 2023. Stephanie Keith/Bloomberg via Getty Images© Stephanie Keith/Bloomberg via Getty Images

CLICK TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

"Hundreds of asylum seekers continue to arrive to our city every day and our heads are barely being kept above water," Williams-Isom said. "There are solutions to this emergency.

We need expedited work authorization, additional financial support, a federal declaration of emergency, a national and a state wide decompression strategy to relieve the pressure that we are feeling here in New York City. There are solutions here. The status quo is not working, and New Yorkers are demanding that we do more."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ma...dff7f261&ei=11

ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

Thank Biden, Harris, and Mayorkas for this you dolt.

It is destroying our entire country.

Give them NOTHING but a bus ticket back home!

We owe these overbreeding, disease infected, criminal trespassing, violent, raping, thieving, parasites nothing.

They are destroying our hotels, police stations, airports, our housing, our streets, our schools, our healthcare system, trashing our border with garbage and feces, and bankrupting our communities.
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

Mayor Eric Adams Declares Illegal Immigration ‘Will Destroy’ NYC: ‘It’s Going to Come

Mayor Eric Adams Declares Illegal Immigration ‘Will Destroy’ NYC: ‘It’s Going to Come to Your Neighborhoods’

by JOHN BINDER 7 Sep 2023

Mayor Eric Adams (D) has declared illegal immigration, at its current pace, “will destroy New York City — warning New Yorkers “every service in this city” will have to be cut and that migrants will “come to your neighborhoods.”

During a
    townhall on the Upper West Side on Wednesday, a visibly frustrated Adams said the arrival of 110,000 border crossers and illegal aliens since the spring of last year will lead to the destruction of New York City as waves of illegal immigration have continued unabated under President Joe Biden’s watch.

“Let me tell you something New Yorkers: Never in my life have I had a problem that I did not see an ending to. I don’t see an ending to this. I don’t see an ending to this. This issue

nycphotog
    @nycphotog
    ·
    Follow

BREAKING: Mayor Adams basically conceding New York City is done because of illegal immigration and warns New Yorkers illegals will flood ALL neighborhoods.

Watch on Twitter
    10:17 PM · Sep 6, 2023

Adams said no New York City neighborhoods, from Staten Island to Queens, will be spared from illegal immigration.

“It’s going to come to your neighborhoods. All of us are going to be impacted by this,” Adams said. “I said it last year when we had 15,000. I’m telling you now with 110,000. The city we knew, we’re about to lose.”

The remarks come as New York Gov. Kathy Hochul (D) has effectively cheered on illegal immigration to the region, suggesting repeatedly that it is a boon for employers who are looking to hire foreign workers.

Most recently, Hochul announced a workforce initiative to connect recently arrived border crossers and illegal aliens with employers.

Hochul, along with her corporate donors, is also lobbying the Biden administration for a federal bailout that would have American taxpayers subsidize housing, healthcare, and public transit for border crossers and illegal aliens in New York.

For New York City, illegal immigration is set to cost $12 billion by mid-2025.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...l-destroy-nyc/

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)