Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

McCain changing stance

I don't trust this man. I don't care how much he swings back on the pendulum. And to think ...he was my favorite choice for the Republican nominee in 2000.

---

By JENNIFER TALHELM, Associated Press Writer
    Thu Aug 2, 7:08 PM ET

WASHINGTON - Republican presidential hopeful John McCain on Thursday backed a scaled-down proposal that imposes strict rules to end illegal immigration but doesn't include a path to citizenship.

ADVERTISEMENT

The move away from a comprehensive measure is an about-face for the Arizona senator, who had been a leading GOP champion of a bill that included a guest worker program and would have legalized many of the estimated 12 million illegal immigrants living in the U.S. It failed earlier this year.

"We can still show the American people that we are serious about securing our nation's border," McCain said in a statement, adding that the new bill would "provide an essential step toward achieving comprehensive reform in the future."

McCain's immigration position has been a campaign liability among Republican voters and hurt his efforts to raise money. Other GOP presidential candidates, fellow Arizona Republicans and immigration opponents throughout the country have loudly decried his position.

Observers said McCain's switch was political. "He recognizes his position on the issue is killing him," said Steven Camarota, research director at the Center for Immigration Studies, which favors vigorous immigration enforcement.

McCain's co-sponsors include Republican Sens. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina and Jon Kyl of Arizona. All three were leading advocates for the unsuccessful comprehensive immigration measure and were bombarded with criticism for their support.

Immigrants' rights advocates jumped to condemn their decision. "It is fairly stunning they have gone from leaders on comprehensive reform legislation to lemmings running over the cliff" with the Republican opponents of the bill, said Angela Kelley, deputy director of the National Immigration Forum.

Among other things, the bill makes being in the country illegally a criminal misdemeanor and toughens penalties for re-entering after being deported. It mandates an electronic system for employers to check workers' citizenship status and requires illegal immigrants who commit a crime to be held in jail until they are deported.

I heard this on the radio.... Sorry dude.....he's a little too late to the party.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

McCain = Liar
    <div>"The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite."- James Madison, The Federalist Papers No.49</div>

And now Ladies and Gentlemen, the real John McCain: www.usvetdsp.com/jan07/mccain_myth.htm

I always keep this link in my favorites file. It's a great reminder on how much I do not like this man. I posted it on here a while ago but here it is. It's just a 1 minute clip of McCain telling Hispanics to rise up in a "call to arms" against Americans.

http://www.phxnews.com/fullstory.php?article=36511

He at least "saw the light" and is realizing how important the American citizens are...too late...but at least we have him on our side..even tho it is a farce...
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

No one is on my side that's such an EASY sell-out.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

UT ..just ONE illegal is too many, let’s start w/the usurper & his cronies..!! ;)
    We have a thing called.. ‘MEMORY’!

McCain IS a flip-flopper, liar, AND a traitor to the state, PERIOD!

Nice day all!
    Rob
    No need for &lsquo;mass roundups&rsquo;, simply ENFORCE EXISTING law*& MANDATE the worker ID, ..but SEVEN amnesties? Hmm, WHO cried wolf?!

McLiar.

McCain Already has political herpes if I remember correctly.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

The only stance I want to see McCain in is bent over and ready to be kicked in the butt by every US citizen he's lied to.
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast