Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

McCain cites terrorists as reason to push legislation

McCain cites terrorists as reason to push legislation

Thursday, May 24, 2007 8:10 AM MST

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) -- Republican presidential candidate John McCain on Wednesday defended the immigration legislation winding its way through Congress, saying the measure is needed to protect the country from terrorism.

"People who grew up in London, people who have spent most of their lives in the United States, have somehow become induced to be terrorists and that argues strongly for accounting for and bringing under control a situation where 12 million people are in our country illegally," the Arizona senator said during one of several conference calls with reporters from early voting states where he is vying for support.

The immigration bill calls for tightening border security, granting legal status to nearly all the estimated 12 million undocumented immigrants, and increasing penalties for employers who hire illegal workers.

It would create a point system for future immigration applicants that would place less emphasis on family connections and more on education and skills in demand by U.S. businesses.

McCain has been defending the immigration bill in the face of criticism from several GOP presidential contenders who have said the measure is ineffective and a form of amnesty for illegal immigrants.

On Wednesday, he downplayed the political stake he has in the measure.

"If it fails, then frankly what it has to say about me is far less important than the fact we'll have the status quo and 12 million people somewhere in America without us knowing who they are and what they're doing," McCain said.

He said he expects the Senate to pass the bill during the next couple of weeks.

"There is not an unlimited amount of time that we have to act on this because if we let time go on past this summer, I'm afraid that it may be 2009 before we take up this issue seriously again," he said. "If we fail, I'll deeply regret it. But I'm guardedly optimistic we will succeed."

Earlier this week, McCain knocked former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney's opposition to the legislation, saying his solution to illegal immigration might be "to get out his small varmint gun and drive those Guatemalans off his lawn." A landscaping company handling work at Romney's home reported had at illegal immigrants on the payroll.
    "Eleven months ago basically he supported the same principles that are in this legislation," McCain said of Romney on Wednesday.

And during negotiations drafting the immigration bill, McCain had an outburst with U.S. Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas.

"My exchange with Senator Cornyn was behind closed doors during negotiations and I apologized for it and we moved on," McCain said Wednesday.

http://www.azdailysun.com/articles/2...al_news_20.txt

OMG what an idiot. Where is the logic John? We should give amnesty to the terrorists that are already here so that we can prevent more home grown terrorists? Um what?

He is full of it !!! What, is he afraid the terrorists they've already allowed in this country won't have enough tax credits or collect tuition??

What a loser
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Mclamebrain needs to start using that lump located 3 ft. above his ass. It's called A BRAIN. I guess you can't use something you never had in the first place.

Time to call the rubber truck to take him away. He's looney.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

HE SHOULD BE CITING IT TO GET THE BORDERS CLOSED, THAT WOULD BE A GOOD START MC CAIN!

Come on everyone lets get our voices heard, time to get involved, calls, faxes e-mails and post at this link and let everyone know what you are hearing. Lets let congress know what real Americans Want!!

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... c&p=363412

Check out Operation Bring it Home also and get your home towns involved!!

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=63288
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I think the best start will boot everyone out of this country that we don't know. Thus, as anyone applies to immigrate here, we can do a complete background check.

Seems logical, doesn't it? He, Bush, Kennedy, Lindsey, Jerkoff, among many others are such liars !!