Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

McCain faces little incoming fire

McCain faces little incoming fire
    By: Jonathan Martin
    January 14, 2008 08:43 PM EST

KALAMAZOO, Mich. — His opponents aren’t going after him. There isn’t a single third-party group hammering him in broadcast TV or radio ads. Even anti-tax advocate Grover Norquist of Americans for Tax Reform, a longtime adversary, is taking it easy on John McCain this time around.

In short, McCain is getting a free pass, and it’s beginning to show. In campaign events across western Michigan, voters are once again being reminded of the qualities of character that have made him an admired figure on the national political scene, without the distraction of ads designed to muddy that image.

Asked why she likes McCain, Tina Wolfis of Kalamazoo pointed to “his honesty, his straight-forwardness.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I've noticed that some of the nationally syndicated talk radio hosts such as Hannity & Levin have been criticizing McCain.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    I've noticed that some of the nationally syndicated talk radio hosts such as Hannity & Levin have been criticizing McCain.
    The MSM (controlled by the CFR) is fawning over him..."comeback kid" ... "straight talk shooter"... etc.

This is becoming almost surreal now. Every Republican I have spoken to about the Primary detests McCain for his betrayal of Americans by pushing his mass amnesty. With that said who exactly is actually voting for McCain in these elections, why? This is the first election I'm starting to wonder about funny business going on...

I'm a lifelong Republican and actually supported his first run against Georgre W and even donated money to his campaign because I liked his campaign reform agenda. Now based upon his efforts to grant illegal aliens mass amnesty and hurt Americans for special interests. I will not vote for him under any circumstances, thats my campaign promise!
    "American"Â*with no hyphen andÂ*proud of it!

ICEChargerRT wrote
    This is the first election I'm starting to wonder about funny business going on...
    With the MSM, the CFR, selective invites to the debates, corrupt voting macines and with the NAU fallling into place, I'm convinced that the only way one can fully look out for his/her own interests is to think the worst of them. There IS 'funny business' going on and has been for a long time. If you try and put together exactly what that funny business is, there are those who will label you an internet conspiracy theorist and some of those individuals who would blame you of donning the tin-foil hat are even members of ALIPAC. No matter who they are, I would suggest you ignore these individuals and piece together your ideas about what is going on by researching the findable facts of the past, present and the future.

Here's a tidbit I recenty found out: Senator Arlen Spector of PA, was the author of the single bullet theory (BS) in the Warren Report on the JFK assasination. I didn't know this until I watched 'The Ghost of Oswald' on PBS last night.

http://www.nndb.com/people/323/000023254/

First of all, you have to remember so far a lot of the votes for Mccain in New Hampshire and those presumed in Michigan are from Dems and Independents. Yes Republicans are voting for him too. However, I heard that so far in both caucuses(Iowa and Wyoming) and the NH Primary, Romney has received the most Republican votes.

Second and I say this tongue-in-cheek more than anything. Sometimes I think we need to give an IQ test to some of these morons before they can vote. This one woman "thinks" McCain is "like her"-a border hawk and against illegals. Where have you been living honey, under a rock? It was afterall the McCain-Kennedy Bill. His name even comes FIRST!

It really is scary that you have these people voting because someone is honest and a straight talker(even though there is evidence to the contrary).

Then you have these people voting because you "think" he feels as you do? Very Very scary!

McCain and Obama are both getting "free passes" this go around because that is who the media wants.

The same media giving McCain his "free pass" now will be bashing him till kingdom come in the general elction, regardless of who he is running against.