Like Tree8Likes

Thread: MCCAIN TO HISPANIC CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: I'LL FIGHT FOR AMNESTY AS LONG AS 'I'M ALIVE

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MCCAIN TO HISPANIC CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: I'LL FIGHT FOR AMNESTY AS LONG AS 'I'M ALIVE

MCCAIN TO HISPANIC CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: I'LL FIGHT FOR AMNESTY AS LONG AS 'I'M ALIVE AND BREATHING'

by TONY LEE
    28 Mar 2014

In remarks to the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce on Thursday, Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) vowed to fight for amnesty as long as he is a breathing United States Senator.

"I will never ever, while I'm alive and breathing as U.S. Senator, stop working to pass immigration reform" - @SenJohnMcCain
    — USHCC (@USHCC) March 28, 2014
    McCain, according to BuzzFeed, also said that if comprehensive immigration reform passes, he would "make sure it is forever called the Edward M. Kennedy immigration bill." McCain and the late Kennedy tried to pass the McCain-Kennedy amnesty bill last decade, along with President George W. Bush.

Conservatives halted the measure because it would have reduced the wages of American workers while not solving the illegal immigration problem.

McCain "when immigration reform passes I will make sure it is forever called the Edward M. Kennedy immigration bill"
    — BuzzFeed Benny (@bennyjohnson) March 28, 2014

The high-tech lobby, the Chamber of Commerce, and the same groups that wanted amnesty then are redoubling their efforts this year, which amnesty advocates like Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) and Rep. Luis Gutierrez (D-IL) have said may be the last chance for such legislation.

McCain's former immigration aide, Becky Tallent, is now House Speaker John Boehner's (R-OH) top aide on immigration. Boehner has said that he and President Barack Obama want to get immigration reform legislation "done" this year.

Other speakers throughout the week at Hispanic Chamber of Commerce events included Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI), who said that amnesty legislation was inevitable, and Vice President Joe Biden, who stated that he believed illegal immigrants were "already American citizens."

Last year, McCain vowed that amnesty advocates would try to get comprehensive immigration reform through Congress after the GOP primaries in 2014. That window seems to be somewhere in the next three months. House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) said that if amnesty legislation passes this year, it would pass by June.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...-I-m-Breathing

Crippling Consequences of Illegal Immigration

In 1965 President Lyndon Johnson signed the Immigration and Naturalization Services Act of 1965 (also known as the Hart-Celler Act or the INS Act of 1965) that abolished the national-origin quotas that had been in place in the United States since the Immigration Act of 1924. It was proposed by Emanuel Celler and heavily supported by Senator Ted Kennedy partly in response to the Civil Rights Movement.

1965 Immigration Law Changed Face of America

Illegal immigration critics muddy Voting Rights Act renewal

23 Defining Moments in Immigration Policy History - ALIPAC

History of Illegal Immigration in U.S.

There is a common sense, humane and cost-effective way to solve the problem of illegal immigration, without resorting to either mass deportation or amnesty. This is called “attrition through enforcement” wherein if our existing immigration laws are consistently enforced and jobs cut off, the number of illegal aliens will return to their home countries over time. This middle-ground strategy is endorsed by real immigration reform groups such as ALIPAC and NumbersUSA.

Ted Kennedy's Immigration Legacy -- and why did he do it?

Among those who disliked Kennedy the most, there has been a sense that Ted Kennedy fundamentally distrusted and disliked the citizens of this country.

The line of thinking is something like this: Even though the majority of these citizens had elected his brother President, and appeared likely to elect another brother to the office, Ted Kennedy wanted a different citizenry. Perhaps there was a sub-conscious hatred for the overall American people because of the assassinations (although one assassin was a foreigner and the other had tried to emigrate to the Soviet Union).

Perhaps he had some Irish immigrant chips on his shoulder about WASPS disrespecting his family. If he disliked the balance of power among the citizens of this country, wildly increasing immigration levels could largely shift the balance of political power and ideology in the country.

To whatever extent any of that was true, Kennedy's immigration policies certainly "elected a new citizenry." This country now has more than 50 million natives of other countries and their children. In a country of 300 million, that is an incredible influence on every aspect of our political and social and economic lives, don't you think.

Most of those 50 million are here as a result of the policies Kennedy put in place.

Last edited by HAPPY2BME; 03-30-2014 at 12:19 PM.
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

How about "stupid old man law" aka destroy America.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

"This amnesty will give citizenship to only 1.1-1.3 million illegal aliens. We will secure the borders henceforth. We will never again bring forward another Amnesty Bill like this." -Ted Kennedy, 1986

MW
    Yep, and from what I understand the bill actually gave amnesty to over 3 million, not 1.3 million. So, I guess since they are now saying they want to amnesty up to 11 million, they are actually talking about 30 million!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn