Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

McCain Says Mexico's New President Will Help Protect Borders

McCain says Mexico's new president will help protect borders

Associated Press - June 1, 2007 6:44 PM ET

DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Republican presidential candidate John McCain says Mexico's new President Felipe Calderon will help the United States protect its southern border.

McCain says Calderon is committed to enforcing the Mexican border and cleaning up corruption.

The timing of his praise for Calderon comes as lawmakers in Washington attempt to sort out new legislation on illegal immigration.

McCain has been criticized by some fellow Republicans for supporting President Bush's plan, which some argue offers amnesty to those illegally in the country.

The president's plan calls for opening a potential path to citizenship for the twelve-(m)- million illegal immigrants in the US. It also offers a temporary worker program.

Supporters say it would help to tighten border security.

McCain says his critics aren't offering good alternatives. He says simply insisting on enforcing existing laws isn't an answer to the problem.
    Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

http://www.whotv.com/Global/story.asp?S ... 3&nav=2HAB
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

McCain says his critics aren't offering good alternatives. He says simply insisting on enforcing existing laws isn't an answer to the problem.
    He really tries to insult our intelligence!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

JAK
    He says simply insisting on enforcing existing laws isn't an answer to the problem
    At least NOT the answer YOU want...BUT IT IS THE ANSWER!!!!!
    Hope you are packing your bags...because you ARE going home!!!!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!

He needs a backhoe to dig himself a deeper hole! Every Mexican President makes it one term and ...gone. He won't do any better than others.
    Check your credit report regularly, an illegal may be using your Social Security number.

How about put in all the enforcement provisions in place then we can discuss what to do with the ones here.. until that happens.. no one is going to believe any enforcement will be done..
    "Democrats Fall in Love, Republicans Fall in Line!"

Ex-El Presidente' www.jorgeboosh.com

I just can not believe John Kerrys' good friend. If McCain is the best that the Republican party can nominate then I will not vote for the presidency.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryMack
    I just can not believe John Kerrys' good friend. If McCain is the best that the Republican party can nominate then I will not vote for the presidency.
    McCain will NEVER get the nomonation. He's a war candidate and for amnesty. With these two strikes, he'll never make it. He's already dropping in the polls and his funding will run out.

JAK
    McCain, He is like a child...."...but I want to be president!!!"

Soooooooooo SAD!!!!! TOOOOOOOO BAD!!! It's over!!!

You blew it!!!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!

Actually I too have high hopes for Calderon but we have to be assertive in defending our own interests and not appease what Mexican American politicians say are theirs. Mark Krikorian and Roy Beck have both said that their objective is a steady reduction in the number of illegals here and that half the illegals here now be back in their home country by 2012.

The majority of the Mexicans people nine tenths are neither living as immigrants or illegals here. They live in Mexico and they still have hopes of making it there. What we need to do is educate the Mexicans here how to use their earning and efforts to realize their families goals by saving investing and going back.

We and a large portion of the Mexicans both living here and still in Mexico have a real mutual interest unshared by bhe likes of La Raza, LULAC and MALDEF. Helping them return to Mexico.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sure McBrainless, let's let the fox guard the chickens
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast