Senator Cranky Strikes Again!
By Kevin McCullough
Sunday, May 27, 2007

Senator John McCain has anger issues with the American people. In days past his foul temper has erupted with less than perfect timing. But now he would have you believe, that you don't believe, what you truly believe you believe.

Let me explain.

Senator McCain has been willing in days past to curse the wishes of the American people. It happened in January of this year. In an interview with Vanity Fair magazine when pressed on what he was willing to actually do to stop illegal aliens from coming into the country McCain responded.

"I think the fence is least effective. But I'll build the goddamned fence if they want it."

The much chagrinned senator was forced to recognize that his opinion isn't really what the American people care about. We want the border leak plugged - and at the time we were settling for 700 miles of fencing out of a 2000 mile border. In McCain's new bill of course he reneges on his fence building pledge by slashing to less than half - the amount of fencing that will be built.

Senator McCain also suffers from delusions. He believes himself to be "Senator Almighty" and his willingness to curse the common sense of fellow border state senators sends the message that McCain will not deal reasonably with those who simply are trying to do the job of protecting the American people. Senator John Cornyn found this out the hard way:

Things got really heated when Cornyn accused McCain of being too busy campaigning for president to take part in the negotiations, which have gone on for months behind closed doors. "Wait a second here," Cornyn said to McCain. "I've been sitting in here for all of these negotiations and you just parachute in here on the last day. You're out of line."

"[Expletive] you! I know more about this than anyone else in the room," shouted McCain at Cornyn.

McCain later topped that proud moment by then going after fellow GOP candidate for President - Mitt Romney.

Mr. McCain said of Mr. Romney's position on immigration this week. "Maybe he can get out his small varmint gun and drive those Guatemalans off his yard."

I think it’s fairly simple to deduce that since 74% of Republicans and 65% of Democrats oppose the senator on the amnesty giveaway bill he has authored, that his days of crank will only increase.

Thus perhaps why his campaign offered a new strategy on Friday. About mid-morning that day I got an e-mail explaining why the "majority" of Americans "support" many of the "provisionsâ€