Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW

McCain starting to make excuses!

http://www.newsmax.com/scripts/printer_ ... ode=244B-1

"Tuesday, Aug. 15, 2006 5:25 p.m. EDT

McCain: 'Lingering Resentment' for 2000 Primary

Sen. John McCain said Tuesday in Iowa there is "lingering resentment" among some Republicans because of his primary fight in 2000 with George W. Bush.

Those feelings may complicate his decision whether to seek the presidential nomination for 2008, said McCain, R-Ariz.

"If I run, and we'll decide that early next year, there's a lot of work to do," McCain said as he began a two-day visit to Iowa, which traditionally holds leadoff caucuses in January of presidential election years.

"Here in Iowa there are parts of the party where there's still lingering resentment over the bitterness of the 2000 race," he said.

In 2000, McCain skipped the Iowa caucuses and opened his campaign with the New Hampshire primary. He beat Bush there, but the Texas governor overtook him in later primaries.

As he considers a possible bid for the GOP nomination in 2008, McCain has visited Iowa often. Most polls show him better known that other possible Republican candidates.

"Since we haven't decided whether or not to run, we haven't decided whether to compete here, but I think you could make the argument that it's very different than 2000," he said. "In 2000, I was the outsider and, you know, we could afford to pass up on Iowa."

This time, he said, "I think the nomination would be up for grabs, I really do."

McCain has worked to deflect criticism of his opposition to subsidies for ethanol, an important issue in corn-growing Iowa.

"My position on ethanol is support for ethanol when oil went over $40 a barrel," he said. He said soaring gasoline prices make ethanol competitive in the marketplace.

"I do not support subsidies, but I support ethanol and I think it is a vital alternative energy source, not only because of our dependence on foreign oil but because of its greenhouse reduction effects," he said.

McCain's visit included a stop Tuesday in Grinnell, where he campaigned for state Rep. Danny Carroll.

© 2006 Associated Press."

Forget it Sen. John "I love illegals" McCain, your strong position as an illegal immigrant activists would destroy you in the polls! Do you really want to know what middle class Americans think of you?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Sen. John McCain said Tuesday in Iowa there is "lingering resentment" among some Republicans because of his primary fight in 2000 with George W. Bush.
    The resentment comes from his willingness to sell out our country just as bush is doing, and as presidents have done for decades to futher their globalist agenda.
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

I think he needs to think back to his "call to arms" before he considers a presidential run.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

McCain, what a waste of human flesh.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

McCain has got more to worry about than lingering resentment in the past election. The fact that he is a traitor to his country and the american citizens is the resentment that he will feel in his run for president. I am sure that he will be surprised by how low his numbers will really be. He is under the illusion that most people would like him to be president of this country. Illegal aliens are not the majority in this country Mr. McCain, go to Mexico and be president
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

JAK
    If I run, and we'll decide that early next year, there's a lot of work to do," McCain said
    Don't bother...we've realized WHO you really are!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

A couple of years ago, I thought a lot of him with his military background and all. But after his lettuce picking comment and "call to arms" against the American people, I would never vote for him. I think he knows that he has no chance of winning in 2008 that's why he's backing down now.

McCain, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

This man has a better chance of Miss America then president!!! He is for the oil companies just like the rest of the elitest a** h****!![/quote]
    "What will you do without freedom"

McCain gives lettuce a bad name!
    "Remember the Alamo!"

Was wondering where McCain has been, hadn't heard about him in the news much. Not surprising after he co-sponsored that McCain-Kennedy immigration bill in the senate. Oh, yes, they renamed that bill something like the Reid-Kennedy bill didn't they? Guess they count on most citizens not paying much attention to that change.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn