Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

McCain's Electability?

McCain's Electability
    Mark R. Levin

I wanted to post a sober thought. If McCain is the Republican nominee, how will he position himself as a candidate? This weekend Obama already telegraphed the Democrat strategy by picking apart McCain's inconsistencies on taxes and immigration. If McCain moves to the right during the general election to try to appeal to more conservatives, Obama will be able to portray him as a disingenuous flip-flopper. If McCain moves further left to try and blunt those charges, he will continue to alienate a portion of the base. What is he going to run on? If he runs on the surge, how many Democrats and Independents will that attract? Is he going to run against earmarks and for a balanced budget? I don't think that's going to resonate with too many voters. The Democrats will be talking about saving the poor, sick and elderly, in the tradition of FDR. McCain will be talking like Herbert Hoover. And since McCain is running on his personal story, let me suggest that neither McCain's age nor temperament will be ignored by the Democrats. Do we ignore Obama's age and Hillary's temperament?

So, I would encourage Bill Kristol, Fred Barnes, David Brooks, VDH, et al, to pause and reflect about what they're urging Republicans and conservatives to embrace. I don't think John McCain can win in November because of his record, not "unfair" criticism, talk radio, or what have you. If the issue is electability based on current polls, that's an absurd position. Six months ago Rudy was the inevitable Republican nominee and Hillary was the inevitable Democrat nominee.

02/04 10:49 AM
    http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/? ... VmNzZmNDE=
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Hillary would eat him alive in the general

The Dems know that , Thats why they are pushing him
    so hard

Well lets all make sure McCain does not get the nomination!!! and by the way I can not stand Fred Barnes!!!

EMERGENCY RED ALERT!!!!.............................................
    ALL ACTIVIST...PLEASE HELP GET THE WORD OUT ABOUT MC CAIN!!! BEFORE SUPER TUESDAY!!!!
    GO TO LINK BELOW!! for instuctions and contact infomation!

http://www.alipac.us/ftopic-101491-days ... asc-0.html
    HELP DISTRIBUTE NEW PRESS RELEASE NOW...LINK BELOW!!
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-101914.html
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

and by the way I can not stand Fred Barnes!!!
    or the other Beltway Boob, Mort Kondracky
    <div>Thank you Governor Brewer!</div>

Banned
    the beltway bozoboys suck

Well lets all make sure McCain does not get the nomination!!! and by the way I can not stand Fred Barnes!!!
    l

I agree 100%. Allan Colmes is another idoit. I cannot understand why Sean Hannity would sit beside of him night after night. Sean's program on the weekend is sooooooo much better without Colmes.

This McCain candidacy seems to bear out what many of us realized in 2006 when Bush threw the elections. The SPP/NAU must go through and which party doesn't matter. McCain will face an electorate of people 70% against the war and 80%+ against illegal invasion. You don't need to be Rove to call that one!
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy
    l

I agree 100%. Allan Colmes is another idoit. I cannot understand why Sean Hannity would sit beside of him night after night. Sean's program on the weekend is sooooooo much better without Colmes.
    DITTO Skippy!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by loservillelabor
    This McCain candidacy seems to bear out what many of us realized in 2006 when Bush threw the elections. The SPP/NAU must go through and which party doesn't matter. McCain will face an electorate of people 70% against the war and 80%+ against illegal invasion. You don't need to be Rove to call that one!
    Apparently the people who have voted to make him the front runner so far are not too worried about either one of these things.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    Quote Originally Posted by loservillelabor
    Apparently the people who have voted to make him the front runner so far are not too worried about either one of these things.
    I'm sometimes envious of them. Life is so much easier for contented cows.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast