Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

Md. immigrants say MVA rejecting licenses early

Md. immigrants say MVA rejecting licenses early
    6:23 PM EDT, April 17, 2009

Advocates for immigrants in Maryland are worried the state is prematurely rejecting out-of-country license applicants.

Representatives of CASA of Maryland said they received several calls from people Friday whose foreign documents were deemed insufficient for a license. Motor Vehicle Administration officials say applicants can always appeal rejections.

But immigrant advocates worry people won't have time to appeal before a ban on new licenses for illegal immigrants begins June 1.

The Maryland General Assembly voted to end the practice of giving licenses to illegal immigrants earlier this week. It will require drivers to present a Social Security card or other proof that they are in the country legally to get a new license effective June 1.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/polit ... 1841.story
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Out of country immigrants? Is that the new positive speech?

Quote Originally Posted by agrneydgrl
    Out of country immigrants? Is that the new positive speech?
    It's Orwellian Newspeak, 1984 has finally arrived.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

yeah Casa calls all of us racist, because we have a problem with ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS. I think they need to look up the definition.

Quote Originally Posted by paravour
    yeah Casa calls all of us racist, because we have a problem with ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS. I think they need to look up the definition.
    I'm of German/Polish descent but only know the English language so I need help here. How do I research the (here's where I need help...insert the word for house/home in any other language besides Spanish) house/home of Maryland or any other state for that matter?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I can just imagine me showing up with my Egyptian driver's license at some motor vehicle bureau and demanding to drive in this country (it was purchased for me as a parting gift from the family I stayed with for a month in the 1970s). It is all handwritten in Arabic, no picture and since I can't read Arabic, it may still be valid. Oh yes, I am sure I would be given a license with that document!

In German, home is Heim, and house is Haus. Germans love to capitalize nouns. While I do speak German, my grammar stinks, but if you want to shape a question, mom can probably give you the proper wording.
    With the Polish, I have no clue but mom can probably give you the proper wording in Russian, at least what it used to be over 50 years ago.

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar
    HONDURAN WOMAN: MVA office in Salisbury delays screening immigrant for driver's license
    April 17, 2009

Read Comments(1)

ANNAPOLIS — Immigrant advocates in Maryland are concerned that state motor vehicle officials are improperly rejecting out-of-country license applicants, with little time to appeal cases before a ban on licenses for illegal immigrants take effect June 1.

Representatives of CASA of Maryland said they received several calls Friday from people whose foreign documents were deemed insufficient for a license, but CASA staff who specialize in helping immigrants with license applications found no problems with the paperwork. They worry people won’t have time to appeal the rejections before the June 1 ban takes effect.

“We always get complaints,â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn