Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Meatpacking plants are ruining the Midwest!

This is from a town of approx. 11,000 in an isolated corner of Minnesota who are being onslaughted by illegals because the meat (pork) packing plant there (Swift Co.) has decided it wants to hire cheap illegals instead of hiring US citizens at livable wages.

This is happening all over the Midwest and this incident here is setting a precedence for Minnesota which is why MN Congressman Gil Gutknecht & Rep. Steve King (Iowa) went there and MN Gov Pawlenty went there and the local officials are now having additional meetings. The Congressman is great on the issue, the Gov is pretty good - but the problem is the LOCAL officials - they are so naive - they just hear what the meat packing plant (cheap labor lobbyist) tell them. Not only are the plants not hiring local citizens but they are making the townspeople pay for all the extra services that illegals require! And instead of coming out against this - the local officials are calling for a guest worker/anmesty program!

1. Worthington Director of Public Safety Mike Cumiskey 1 (507) 372- 2136 "said he’d be in favor of developing “some kind of worker program� to document illegal aliens so they wouldn’t fear deportation "

2. Worthington Mayor Alan Oberloh (507) 372-8600 [color=blue][b]“We want to find a way that people can work and be who they are â€â€

I'm from Minnesota and I've been to Worthington. I had a (American) friend that worked at the Swift plant for a while too.

I'm not exactly sure but I believe that the H2-A temporary unskilled worker visa would already allow this plant to bring in labor if they couldn't find it locally. The thing is that they would have to pay a prevailing wage and that is what they do not want to do. They really don't want a "guest worker" program either. They want an unlimited supply of disposable exploitable labor.

[quote]In reality, illegal aliens have created a virtual Catch-22 â€â€
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

None contribute. They've all stolen the jobs from Americans through illegal flooding of the labor market and undercutting American Workers. I say, send them home and import the pork as a finished product. I've had it with these companies. Shut them down. Mexicans can grow pigs in Mexico; slaughter them there; and ship them back in. A nice new enterprise to help our neighbor build their economy in Mexico.

Swift used to a be a nice company that I respected. NO MORE.

They don't want to provide jobs to Americans, then get the hell out and take their stinkin' pigs with them. Swine operations are disgusting the way they are raising these animals swimming in their own stench today with pollution that's costing states and local communities billions of dollars nationwide annually in storm water control costs--they can just take their pigs and their illegal aliens and leave.

I'll never touch another Swift product again...ever.

Worrying the American People to death and burdening US with the costs of illegal immigration all so they can save a buck on their "labor costs" by hiring illegal workers to increase their profits is unconsionable.

So, thanks to Tysons, we can't eat chicken. Now, thanks to Swift, we can't eat pork. So where's the beef? I'm sure it's next. We'll become a vegetarian society trying to control our borders and enforce our US Immigration Laws.

Well....that might cure alot of health problems and make health insurance affordable again.

So maybe we'll hit two birds with one stone on this one.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Well, I was TRYING to be MAGNANIMOUS!!!

AND, PLEASE don't take my meat away from me!! I CANNOT become a vegetarian! I LOVE MEAT. I AM A MEATLOVER! I just can't give up my meat, my coffee, my cigarettes and my chocolate. OTHER THAN THOSE THINGS, I can participate in ANY boycott you want!!!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Just don't buy Tysons or Swift. Not everyone is breaking the law. Punish the ones who do break our laws and reward those who comply with our laws by purchasing their products instead of illegally produced products.

And I'm a meat lover too Bootsie. But I can't eat meat handled by illegal aliens. I'd rather eat imported meat than buy American meat illegally produced.

And Holland makes some delicious canned hams and I'll bet they are high quality and legally produced. You know how "fussy" the Europeans are about their food.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

OK. I HATE Tyson chicken anyway. It is TOUGH and STRINGY. Probably because those ILLEGALS don't know what they are doing. They are probably slaughtering ROOSTERS!

I'll make sure I check before I buy Swift too. It's too bad that the meat you buy in the meat counter at the grocery store doesn't TELL you who the manufacturer is. I did USED to buy Swift bacon but I will change to Armour or something else.

I HAVE tried those canned hams from Holland and they ARE good. Or USED to be. It's been YEARS since I bought a canned ham but now is as good a time as any to start!

Yes!! I'm going to go out and buy one this week! We'll share notes and how good they are and let the forum know.

Please do.

Criminal employers

Swift, Hormel, and any other company who knowingly (or unknowingly)hires illegals are worse than the illegals themselves. I agree: hit them in their pocketbooks by not buying their lousy products.

Once we get some good laws passed that actuallly penalize the employers, maybe then we will be on the way to solving the problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast