Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

Meddling Mexican trolls New Jersey, threatens to open consul

Mexican president visits New Brunswick, talks economy, growing immigration
    By ALYSSA GIACHINO and RICHARD KHAVKINE • STAFF WRITERS • September 25, 2008

Read Comments(27)Recommend (10) NEW BRUNSWICK —Mexican President Felipe Calderon pledged to open a consulate office in the city to serve the area's growing immigrant population.

After hearing pleas from local community leaders Thursday night, Calderon said, "It seems to me a fair demand, so this is what we'll do, we'll put a consulate here in New Brunswick."

In his first visit to New Jersey, Calderon spoke to representatives of local and regional community organizations and the parents of students at Lord Stirling Elementary School, which hosted the event.

Calderon is visiting the United States for the United Nations General Assembly. He met Wednesday with President George Bush and other leaders from the Western Hemisphere to discuss free trade and visited the New York Stock Exchange.

In his address to community members in New Brunswick, Calderon noted the challenges facing the U.S. economy, but said he was confident it would recover in the long run.

However, he said a regional approach is needed to build sound economies in North America, including the United States, Mexico and Canada. "Relaunching the economy will not happen if we don't think as a region," he said, adding that a strong in the United States must include immigration reform.

"It is my personal conviction that migration is a natural social-economic phenomenon that cannot be stopped by decree," he said. "What we need to do is channel it and direct it for the prosperity of our society."

He also emphasized that he will strive to create jobs in Mexico to reduce the need for his country's citizens to leave home in search of work abroad.

He said he wants to create a Mexico that can fulfill it's citizen's dreams, saying "One day Mexico will have the conditions to generate work and schools sufficient so that never again you have to leave due to hunger."

However, economic conditions in Mexico continue to compel its citizens to head north, and growing numbers of them are settling in New Jersey.

Latinos, and Mexicans in particular, make up a sizable portion of Central Jersey's population. According to census figures released in May, the Latino population in the state grew by 1.25 percentage points, to 1,382,000 from 2006 and 2007. Latinos in New Jersey account for almost 16 percent of the state's population, a percentage near equal to country's overall Hispanic population.

Pragmatically speaking, said Cesar Zuniga, who is in charge of health programs at New York City-based Casa Puebla, one consulate in the tri-state area cannot adequately serve the growing Mexican population in New Jersey, Connecticut and New York.

Zuniga said that it is not uncommon for people to stand in line for hours at time, regardless of the season, outside the East 39th Street consulate in New York.

"At the end of the day, we all have the same type of issues and concerns," he said of Mexican immigrants and expats that have settled in the tri-state. "The needs of the people will be met more efficiently."

Teresa Vivar, the president of Lazos America Unida in New Brunswick, said that while she was encouraged by Calderon's engagement with those issues, a consular office has been long in the offing.

"For four years, we've been asking for it," Vivar said after Calderon's talk. "We know the need is amazing."

She said that because New Brunswick is in the center of the state and on or near several transportation options, the city is an ideal place to set up such an office.

Perth Amboy's Fernando Garcia, a construction worker studying small business management at Middlesex County College, said the need for a local office has never been greater.

"We've have always had that problem," Garcia, 28, said. "It's really a hard time for us to wait."

Garcia, the treasurer of the Mexican Association of Perth Amboy, said that overall he was impressed and encouraged by Calderon's discussion of issues dear to the Mexican expatriate community.

Calderon "was wonderful. He was very convincing," Garcia said of Calderon's discussion of immigration. "Reform would benefit both the U.S. and Mexico."

Sabas Martinez, a restaurant worker in New Brunswick, was also pleased with the breadth of Calderon's speech, but said, "Everything he said was great, now he has to deliver. We want deeds, not words."

http://www.mycentraljersey.com/apps/pbc ... /newsfront
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"It is my personal conviction that migration is a natural social-economic phenomenon that cannot be stopped by decree," he said. "What we need to do is channel it and direct it for the prosperity of our society."
    Is that Mexico's society? And do you give a crap about the country your citizens are raping for the betterment of those who are at the top of your society, like drug and human smugglers?
    Go home, fix your country and don't come here until Americans can respect you and your society.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Meddling Mexican trolls New Jersey, threatens to open co

Quote Originally Posted by FedUpinFarmersBranch
    However, he said a regional approach is needed to build sound economies in North America, including the United States, Mexico and Canada. "Relaunching the economy will not happen if we don't think as a region," he said, adding that a strong in the United States must include immigration reform.

http://www.mycentraljersey.com/apps/pbc ... /newsfront
    How about opening up Mexico Calderon? How about letting Americans buy coastal land and how about giving us free handouts.
    GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY AND TAKE YOUR ILLEGALS WITH YOU; YOU DIRTBAG!!!
    "Ask not what your country can do for you but ask what you can do for your country"-John F. Kennedy

Excuse me alipacers!!! SCREW YOU CALDERON!!! GO HOME! AND STAY OUT OF OUR AFFAIRS !!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Looks to me like your citizens are pretty prosperous at American taxpayers expense, you RAT. Gee I wonder why we are so angry!!

[quote]
    New statistics from the Department of Public Social Services reveal that illegal aliens and their families in Los Angeles County collected nearly $37 million in welfare and food stamp allocations, announced Los Angeles County Supervisor Michael D. Antonovich.

In August, illegals collected over $19 million in welfare assistance and over $17 million in monthly food stamp allocations, for a projected annual cost of $432 million. Nearly twenty five percent of all welfare and food stamps benefits is going directly to the children of illegal aliens.

“Illegal immigration continues to have a devastating impact on Los Angeles County taxpayers,â€
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I STILL DONT GET WHY WE ALLOW THESE PEOPLE TO OPEN CONSULATES ON EVERY CORNER. PRETTY SOON WE WILL BE WALL TO WALL MEXICAN CONSULATES. WELL I GUESS IN SOME BIZARRE WAY THAT MAKES SENSE SINCE WE ARE WALL TO WALL MEXICANS.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

After cutting off the snake's head it takes until sundown for the snake to die.

In other words when we correct immigration totally, it will be a long overdue correction.

Quote Originally Posted by vmonkey56
    After cutting off the snake's head it takes until sundown for the snake to die.

In other words when we correct immigration totally, it will be a long overdue correction.
    YEP. I GUESS I SHOULD JUST BE GLAD THAT AT LEAST THE WHEEL IS IN MOTION. BUT IT JUST TICKS ME OFF SO MUCH EVERYTIME I HEAR THEY ARE GOING TO OPEN ANOTHER CONSULATE. ITS LIKE WE DONT JUST HAVE A NORMAL "SNAKE"....WE HAVE A MEDUSA.