Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar

Media Channeling Too Much Barack Obama (fun irony)

Media channeling too much Barack Obama

By Howie Carr
    Friday, January 16, 2009 - Updated 12h ago
    + Recent Articles Boston Herald Columnist

It was the all-Obama Comcast channel that drove me over the edge.

Finally, I thought, this was the last straw. I would cancel Comcast and switch my cable service to Verizon. But before I could make my move, somebody called and told me that Verizon was robo-calling its customers and telling them to watch their Obama-mania special.

So I turned on the radio and heard an ad for some Obama commemorative coins. I clicked that off and went to the mailbox and saw Newsweek. Guess who was on the cover? I flipped on the Internet and went to Drudge, and he had a headline about Time magazine running its 13th cover in a year on you-know-who.

And the mainstream media wonder why they’re going out of business.

All I can say is, thank God for the NFL playoffs. That’s the only TV I’ll be watching this weekend. This is one of those historical moments - like the death of Princess Di, or anything involving the Kennedy family - where the only way to avoid the overkill is to go to total radio silence. It is for moments like this that the Turner Classic Movie channel exists.

Speaking of the NFL, the Obama-ites have cut up the coverage so everyone in TV can have a piece of the pie, just the way pro football does. Even HBO - but what if you need a bailout to pay for the monthly charges? What if you don’t have Internet access to watch the ABC webcast on Tuesday night?

Every Saturday morning I drive my kids to work in a nonprofit kitchen in Jamaica Plain. It’ll look good on their college application forms. About a month ago, a rusted-out truck appeared on Columbus Avenue. It has a mural painted on its side of the Messiah, and out of the back they’re selling T-shirts with Himself’s picture on them.

The first week, I laughed and told the kids I was going to pull over and ask ’em if they had any commemorative T-shirts for Superfly Turner and Dianne Wilkerson. They didn’t get it. Last Saturday, my 15-year-old asked if she could buy one (even though she’s angry “The Secret Life of American Teenagersâ€

Cult of the personality. People could pay dearly for their teenage silliness.

Every Saturday morning I drive my kids to work in a nonprofit kitchen in Jamaica Plain. It’ll look good on their college application forms.
    That's a pretty sorry reason to help people out!!! People that do things for less fortunate people for their own gain is scum in my book!!

BTW Obama coverage is overwhelming and sucks!!!
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

Quote Originally Posted by alamb
    Cult of the personality. People could pay dearly for their teenage silliness.
    The women are in the cult and the men are goo goo ga ga too!
    They drink Kool-Aid all day and chant over & over & over ...

B-A-R-R-Y come to me
    Obama I'm yo mama now
    Hussein you drive me insane
    Barack I'd share a barrack with you
    Soetoro help me with my sorrow
    I love you BooBoo!

Repeat 287 times and life will be good.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris