Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mel Martinez "Response"

This is the answer I received from Mel Martinez, He answered me in advance because I wrote a letter about globalization and illegals,it has nothing to do with what I wrote him. (sorry but I don't have the copy of the letter I wrote).
    This shows what they do with our letters.

Subject: Response to your recent comments

Below is a response to the recent comments I received from you

Dear Ms. :

Thank you for contacting me regarding the Congressional Oath of Office. I appreciate hearing from you and would like to respond to your concerns.

The Oath of Office for all Senators and Representatives is as follows: "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign or domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion, and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God." This Oath is given to all newly elected, or reelected Senator's and Representative's.

The U.S. Constitution mandates that every U.S. Senator and U.S. Representative take this pledge; however, they have the option to swear to, or affirm this oath. Please know that while the Constitution requires every member to take this oath of office, it does not require them to swear on the bible.

For Senators, the Oath of Office is given in the Senate Chamber by the Vice President to each new or reelected Member. In the House of Representatives, the Speaker swears in all the Representatives at one time. After this mass swearing in, each Member is given the opportunity to take a ceremonial picture with the Speaker of the House, as if they are being sworn in one by one. Historically, many members have brought family Bibles or other religious belongings with them in the House Chamber and to hold during their photo with the Speaker of the House. Currently, there are no regulations on what item(s) a Member utilizes for this picture.

Again, thank you for sharing your views with me. If you have any additional questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact me. In addition, for more information about issues and activities important to Florida, please sign up for my weekly newsletter at http://martinez.senate.gov.

Sincerely,

Mel Martinez
    United States Senato

If you have any additional questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact me.
    Like your question or any of ours would actually be answered. It is always a runaround, you feel like you wasted your time emailing or writing to them. I can't get a straight answer to any question.

I'm getting tired these people here in Florida are the worst, if I call they agree but never give me an answer, I think if I would write or speak in spanish they would take me seriously/.

If we always do what we've always done, we'll always get what we always got.

Staying the course on this, will NOT work.

Unless we take VISIBLE action, just as they did on May 1, our voices will continue to go unnoticed to other Americans and unheard by our politicians.

This is my opinion and while 'visible' action is not necessarily the goal of ALIPAC, it should be the goal of every American citizen who wishes for our country to be secured and remain sovereign.

Time is of the essence and it's time for a change.

I actually emailed Mel Martinez and Bill Nelson back in May of this year. They both replied and had different answers. The letter I recieved from
    Mel Martinez is two pages long so I will only summarize it.

Mel Martinez: He voted for the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2006. He agreed with me on the need to secure our border. The government needs to learn the identity of illegals and goes on to explain the immigration reform system. He thinks that the reform act will make it harder to illegals ro use fake ID to get jobs as it would make it mandatory for employers to check legal status of new employees and those who hire illegals should be penalized.

Bill Nelson's letter was much shorter so I will quote it.

"Thanks for contacting me about immigration. All of us can agree the system is broken and needs to be fixed.
    I believe the U.S. needs a smart, realistic plan to address illegal immigration-one that protects are borders and ensures all immigrants play by the rules. To protect our borders, we need to use cutting-edge technology, including unmanned aerial vehicles. And, we need to enforce our existing laws.
    We also need to crete a guest worker program that provides a path to legal status for those who qualify and play by the rules and deport those who do not. Playing by the rules means paying your taxes, keeping a job and learning English.
    Thanks for sharing your concerns with me, and be assured I'll keep them in mind as the Senate considers this issue."
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I use to write them a letter almost every week, maybe tha's why Martinez is answerung me about the oath.

Minnie: I think your problem with your latest letter maybe due to timing. When I wrote the Senators immigration reform was the big news story at the time. They probably had many letters similar to mine at the time and therefore I got a reply. According to my letter from Senator Martinez he voted for immigration reform and probably doesn't want to offend the Hispanics who voted for him. Maybe you should try writing Bill Nelson if you haven't. When I emailed the Senators it showed that I had contacted more than one and it could also be the reaason they replied with the answers they gave.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I have contacted both of them , only Martinez replyed to my last letter. I'm waiting to see if Nelson is going to reply also.
    I have been calling and emaling the rep. Debbie Wasserman Schulz, she is worse... now I have a vote she did against Israel and as she was elected with the help of the jewish comunity , I'm going to send this email to the jewish organizations to see if they support her vote AGAINST israel. They probably don't know because a lot of tnings go to the House floor and we don't take notice.

MW
    Swatchick wrote:

According to Rep. Martinez:

He thinks that the reform act will make it harder to illegals ro use fake ID to get jobs as it would make it mandatory for employers to check legal status of new employees and those who hire illegals should be penalized.
    News-flash: We don't need a comprehensive immigration reform bill (amnesty) to inact enforcement legislation! Heck, employers should already be checking the legal status of new employees!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Maybe I should make a web page for victims of illegal immigrants like the one below for the state of Florida and email it to Mel Martinez, then it may hit home. The website below makes the killing of American citizens and residents by illegals personal. It broke my heart seeing pictures of some of those victims. The media should look at it as well.

http://www.immigrationshumancost.org/te ... ctims.html