Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mexica Movement lecture Modesto Jr College

What: Mexica Movement lecture

Where: Modesto Jr College (Modesto, CA)

When: September 14, 2005 (Mexican Independence Day celebration at MJC)

Time: betweem 10 am and 2 PM

Who else will be there: local radio station, local media, lots of students, food booths, etc

Yours truly, "Anahuac History" (now a civilian, a former military member and veteran of Operation Iraqi Freedom) will be delivering an hour-long history presentation representing the Mexica Movement in Northen California.
    About 45 mins of lecture and 15 mins for question and anwers, if everything goes well.

The event is sponsored by the Modesto Junior College's Mecha group and is included in the Mexican Independence Day festivities, an open-air event on the campus.

What you will hear:

Briefly, I will discuss the following:

- The fact that we have over 4,300 years of
    civilizations to our credit, forming the core of what
    should be our identity and pride.
    I will touch on many of our achievements such as
    mathematics, astronomy, architecture, writing,
    medicine, the wheel, etc.

- Discussion of the "American Holocaust" which killed
    95% of our peoples during the last 5 centuries.
    Discussing the ways in which Europeans killed our
    people and enforced our ignroance, a tradition still
    working in the background of our society today. A
    tradition responsible for most of the social ills our
    people endure today.

- That the orthodox, mainstream version of our history
    is inadequate in light of the recent explosion of
    archeology, ethnographic studies, and re-examination
    of our written records. I will follow the "ensemble"
    approach of multi-disciplinary history as outlined by
    Professor David Carrsco of Harvard University.

- I will bring some books, pamphelets, and a few placards with photos, testifying visually to
    the achievements of our people, and the knowledge
    which is currently at our fingertips.

- A logical questioning of many terms which we take
    for granted (hispanic, latino, mestizo, raza) and how
    they are actually Eurocentric, racist, and detrimental
    to our self-esteem.
    Also I will challenge the ideologies of machismo and
    feminism as lopsidedly harmful to our people.
    Even the beloved term "Chicano" will be discussed.

- A discussion of our authentic theology and the
    falsehoods we believe, such as the "gods" idea.

- Presentation of the "Mexica" identity for our people
    as an appropriate, creative, and healthy alternative
    for the future of people. The Mexica identity as the
    vanguard identity to liberate our people from our
    current European slavery, and comparisons to other
    peoples of the world who have attempted something
    similar.

- A sincere and respectful question and answer period.
    This is where people can ask all the questions that
    they've been wondering, or get clarification on things
    they heard.

-----------------------------------

The Mexica Movement Is A Nican Tlaca (Indigenous) Rights
    Educational Organization For The People of Mexican, "Central American",
    and "Native American" Descent of Anahuac ("North America")

http://boards.brownpride.com/showflat.p ... ost1746440
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If Mexica needs a president, tell them we know of one who may be job hunting!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen
    If Mexica needs a president, tell them we know of one who may be job hunting!!
    thats along the lines of what I have been thinking today. George W. Bush the UnAmerican President.

This is an Indian movement similar but not exactly the same as Aztlanism. The Mexica term generally refers to the southern central Indian tribes of the Uto-Aztecan lnguistic stock in Spansh otherwise known as the Nahuaño. They live north of those of Mayan descent.

Aztlanism believes

* All of the Mexicans are of mixed "Indian" descent.

* Are heirs to the great Aztec national tradition.

* The Aztecs originally lived in the American Southwest.

* The language spoken by the Aztec Nahueno is spoken by many of the tribes of the Southwest.

* Mexico lost the Southwest by an illegal and unethical means and therefor has the real legal claims to the Southwest.

* Any Mexican has the right therefore to live within the American South West and are entitled to full benefits of citizenship.

The flaws are that:

* The Mexican state obtained their claim from the Spanish which in turn obtained theirs from the "Indians". The Mexicans and the Spanish obtained their title in the same way and with the same degree of legitimacy as the United States from Mexico.

* There are actually four very different linguistic stocks in Mexico. There are also more pre European linguistic stocks in the American Southwest. The Mayans have their own developed pan-linguistic movement which calls for union between Belize, Guatemala and parts of southern Mexico.

* The Aztec nation took on that identity well after settling in
    central Mexico. The Aztec nation never extended that far north. Most of the people they ruled over were not considered to be Aztecs by the Aztec. The population under the Aztecs were mostly of a wider Nahueño identity and included a large number of non Nahueño.

* I have rarely in fact never heard Aztlanists call for the allowing the Nahueño speakers living south of Mexico (within scattered as far as Nicaragua)
    citizenship right in Mexico. If the Nahueño passed through the United States to get to Mexico guess what they also passed through Mexico getting down to Central America.

* While the Spanish and after them the Mexicans had a claim to the American Southwest the majority of the population were not Mexican citizens. The armed forces of Spain and Mexico did not control the territory there either. Independent "Indians" were the majority and while weaker than the Spanish then Mexicans were only weaker while those military forces were there.

* The member tribes of the Nahueño linguistic stock within the United States let alone across the border have mixed relations. They have strong tribal and not pan-linguistic identities. The last thing they want is to subsume their rights to those of the Chicanos and illegal aliens.

The Mexica are in fact poorly treated by the government of Mexico. If you look at Mexican government statistics in terms of population, income and the central government expenditures.
    The area which includes both the Mexica and Mayans have a lower per capita income than the rest of that country. The central government has not been spending a proportionate for development amount according to population size.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

WHILE I STICK BY MY ANALYSIS OF AZTLANISM I SEE THAT I AM IN ERROR IN EQUATING THE ANAHUAC MEXICA MOVEMENT WITH THE MIXTECA
    MOVEMENT

THE ANAHUAC MEXICA MOVEMENT I HAVE FOUND FROM A WEBSEARCH IS JUST A PERSONALIST SPIN OFF OF AZTLANISM AS CASTROISM IS A SPINOFF OF COMMUNISM
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)