Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mexican Election Day July 2

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/americas/ ... index.html

Mexicans vote for new president

Sunday, July 2, 2006; Posted: 4:44 a.m. EDT (08:44 GMT)

MEXICO CITY, Mexico (CNN) -- Mexicans head to the polls Sunday for a presidential election that political observers have pegged as a tight race to find a successor for leader Vicente Fox.

The polls open at 9 a.m. ET and close 12 hours later. There are about 71 million registered voters.

Fox, of the National Action Party, or PAN, is nearing the close of a six-year term that saw him end a 71-year grip on political rule by the Institutional Revolutionary Party (PRI). He is constitutionally barred from seeking re-election.

The three major candidates are Felipe Calderon from the PAN party, Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador, a leftist former Mexico City mayor and Roberto Madrazo from the PRI.

Regardless of who is elected, Mexican-U.S. relations will be dominated, as in the recent past, by the issues of immigration, trade, drug trafficking, the war on terror and security along the 2,000-mile border separating the longtime neighbors.

About 85 percent of the illegal immigrants streaming into the United States are from Mexico, which is the United States' third-largest trading partner.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

At least we're going to find out who we'll be dealing with next.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I tihnk that whoever Fox wants to win will win. the mexican people have less say over their government than we do over ours. But you can be sure that whoever it is will whine constantly about "how come you won't let us send all our poor and all our criminals to the USA?" Sound familiar?

Gee, I wonder who our next "co-president" will be?

ROFL Steelerbabe! One thing is pretty certain, unless he declares himself dictator between now and 2008 it won't be G. W. Bush. Here's hoping a normal person at least runs for the office so we can get a chance to vote for someone competent and decent for a change.

California or ground zero of the invasion
    I've always wondered how many dead people vote in the Mexican elections. I would imagine it exceeds the U.S. total. I'm sure Vicente Fox will make sure his mother casts her ballot.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

JP-- they send people right across the borders to scare up people who are of Mexican descent and who are illegals in this country to cast their vote. I'm sure many an American citizen who was once a Mexican citizen votes in the Mexican elections.