Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

JAK

Mexican Flag-toting kids suspended from Denver elementary sc

Hi, I don't usually post articles so I hope I'm putting this in the correct place... also I did a search for this article and did not find it... so I hope that is correct also.

Mexican Flag-toting kids suspended from Denver elementary school

Leland Vittert Reporter
    9:23 PM MDT, May 5, 2010

DENVER - 17 Denver Public School students claim they were suspended for wearing the Mexican Flag during recess and refusing to take it off.

The school district vehemently denies the claim and says the kids were disciplined for non-cultural reasons.

The children were wearing the flags to celebrate Cinco de Mayo.

"We were just walking around with the Mexican flags and we had them wrapped around our necks and I guess (the teacher) got mad" claims sixth grader Nathan Leon.

"I think it was discrimination...they just took away our flags," said one of Nathan's friends, who joined a group of students in solidarity when one was sent to the principal's office.

School officials, however, tell a different story.

"These kids were not necessarily disciplined because of what they were celebrating. They were suspended because they were rude," said Denver Public Schools spokesman Alex Sanchez. "They were using vulgar language and they were not in class when they were supposed to be in class."

Soon after the recess incident, the kids were given a final chance to give up their flags and return to class, but they refused.

The school district points out that each school celebrated Cinco de Mayo in each of its classrooms and many of the teachers at Fairmont Elementary are Hispanic, including one of the principals involved in suspending the kids.

Still, some parents question the suspensions.

"What else can you call it when over 12 kids get suspended for having flags...Mexican flags?" wondered Alicia Leon.

"It's irrelevant what they were wearing," said Sanchez. "It had to do with discipline."

SEE VIDEO AT THE SOURCE LINK
    http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-flag-susp ... 5344.story
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

you did a good job

It's irrelevant what they were wearing," said Sanchez. "It had to do with discipline."
    Ditto! Sounds like a bunch of militant anchor brats....
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

JAK
    Please leave a comment at the source link!
    Thanks James... I wasn't quite sure...
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!

Very interesting, ESL and Dual Language School, The Ford Foundation and AmeriCorps !

Fairmont Elementary School

School Description
    Built in 1924, Fairmont Elementary School serves primarily the families in the Historic Baker Neighborhood. The education of our students is the most important factor in the Fairmont community. We place special emphasis on a loving, supportive atmosphere where students have a feeling of success. We have a strong language-enriched curriculum with an emphasis on ESL strategies. We are a Title I school participating in a Collaborative Literacy Program to increase our students' achievement through staff development and program implementation in literacy. Our most recent changes include the development of Fairmont as a Dual Language School. We are currently offering Dual Language instruction at ECE, Kindergarten, Grade 1 and Grade 2. Fairmont has been fortunate to create several partnerships to assist in the education of our students. We have instituted several tutoring programs with local businesses and other schools to increase student achievement. The AmeriCorps project assists with ESL classes for parents as well as providing tutoring, classes and clubs for students. The Ford Foundation is working with Fairmont and other schools in the area to increase reading, writing and research skills using district standards. Our Partnership with The University of Colorado Denver provides us with updated staff development techniques used with University and Fairmont staff.

http://www.cudenver.edu/Academics/Colle ... index.aspx

Click on the link at the bottom and you will see TABS on the left to view test scores for the school and Fairmont's rank with in state and district, the Denver District scores seem to be about 2/3 of the states average score and Fairmont's scores seem to be about 1/2 of the entire Denver district.

Fairmont K-8 School
    520 West 3rd Avenue, Denver, CO 80223
    (303) 893-1957

The Education TestRating is a number ranking (1-10) calculated by Education.com that provides an overview of a school’s test performance for a given year, by comparing the school’s state standardized test results to those of other schools in the same state. For Colorado, the TestRating is calculated using a school's 2009 Colorado Student Assessment Program (CSAP) Results for all subjects tested. See test results

CO virtual public school & virtual private school
    Sponsored Links

About Fairmont K-8 School
    Fairmont K-8 School is located in Denver, CO and is one of 150 schools in School District No. 1 In The County Of Denver And State Of C. It is a public school that serves 462 students in grades PK, K-8.

Fairmont K-8 School did not make AYP in 2009. Under No Child Left Behind, a school makes Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP) if it achieves the minimum levels of improvement determined by the state of Colorado in terms of student performance and other accountability measures. See Fairmont K-8 School's test results to learn more about school performance.

Fairmont K-8 School Student Diversity
    Students by Ethnicity (200 Hispanic 85 % White 11 % Black 3 % American Indian/Alaskan Native < 1 % Asian/Pacific Islander < 1 % Students by Gender (200 Male 52% Female 48% Click here to see more student and teacher statistics for Fairmont K-8 School

http://www.education.com/schoolfinder/u ... ry-school/

I worked with man about three years ago who had just been transferred from the northeast and his wife was a elementary teacher who spoke Spanish, her family had moved to the northeast from Puerto Rico a couple of generations back. A local school district immediately hired her for their bilingual program and she was excited, bless their hearts so many of our teachers really want to educate our children. She soon became discouraged because she could not understand the spanish of the ILLEGALS and their Anchor Babies, their refusal to attempt any English, hostility to assimilate with United States Citizen students, and further disheartened by the disrespect and contempt the ILLEGALS and Anchors held for her, the school system, and the United States. She lasted the year and then found a job outside of education, her district refused to transfer her out of the bilingual program and every time she applied for a non-bilingual teaching position at another district her records showed she had taught Spanish and she was automatically slotted for their bilingual program. Nothing like running off good and dedicated teachers because they do not want to deal with the ILLEGALS and their Anchors so the districts can get more money from the Feds and State.

The United States has always welcomed refugees and Legal immigrants; the problem in the United States has to do with ILLEGALS invading our nation and student or other visa holders who over stay their visa with out any genuine desire to assimilate as citizens but some only obtain citizenship in an effort to steal from our treasury and take jobs from citizens sending their ill gotten gains back to their home countries while planning their return or the others who want to destroy the United States by terrorism.

Re: Mexican Flag-toting kids suspended from Denver elementar

Quote Originally Posted by JAK
    Hi, I don't usually post articles so I hope I'm putting this in the correct place... also I did a search for this article and did not find it... so I hope that is correct also. . . .
    Great article. You got it all right. I hope to see more articles from you.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn