Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Mexican National Poses Threat to Ex-wife and Community

http://www.fox12news.com/Global/story.asp?S=5478703

Click Here to Watch Video

Mexican National Poses Threat to Ex-wife and Community

Aileen Simborio
    Sep 29, 2006 07:45 PM PDT

Scared Ex-Wife

Nampa, Idaho -- Local and federal authorities are actively searching for an illegal alien, they believe is dangerous. He was convicted two years ago of abusing his wife in Nampa, and then, deported to Mexico.

Now, he's back, and she fears for her life, even more.

"This guy is very dangerous, and in his present state, it's hard to say what he's capable of doing," said Scott Douglas with Probation and Parole.

Christian Alvarez-Lopez, a Mexican National, is wanted by local, state and federal authorities for allegedly violating his probation, which states he cannot be in the United States unless he's received proper permission.

It all stems from an incident back in June of 2004, when Lopez tried to kill his wife.

"I just remember him grabbing me by the neck and throwing me down the stairs. I don't remember anything else," said Jennifer Powell, Alvarez-Lopez's ex-wife.

The probable cause affidavit shows Lopez grabbed a large kitchen knife, held it to his neck and said that he would kill Powell, her family and himself. He then started to come at her with the knife.

Four months later, Lopez pleaded guilty to the domestic aggravated assault charge, served a few months in jail, and was deported to Mexico in January 2005.

Jennifer Powell, now remarried, hadn't seen her ex-husband since, until Friday. She spotted him at the construction site of the new D.L. Evans Bank on 12th Avenue in Nampa.

"I saw him standing there in the street and we made eye contact and my stomach jumped into my throat and I said, 'Oh no, he's back,'" said Powell.

Powell believes Lopez is here to take their son, Joey who is two years old. She says he'll stop at nothing to get him back.

"In his eyes, he's lost everything. So what matters if he ends up killing me and taking Joey back to Mexico," said Powell.

This isn't the first time Lopez has violated his probation and illegally entered the country. Probation and Parole says he was arrested nearly seven months ago and deported for the second time in April. Only to return again, this time using his brother's name as an alias. Now, authorities are doing everything they can to track him down.

"We're very concerned with public safety, based upon this guy's previous actions, obviously we have concern for the victim," said Douglas.

"I just want something to be done," said Powell.

Fox 12 News received word just before 9 p.m. Friday that Lopez is in custody. Authorities tracked him down and arrested him at The Motel 6 in Meridian.

He will be taken to the Ada County Jail, held on an agent's warrant for violation probation, and kept on an I.N.S. hold.

Lopez will most likely face state and federal charges for failing to report that he entered the U.S. illegally.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

And like we don't have enough worries of this nature without importing them?

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn