Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mexican president accuses US candidates of being "anti-

Mexican president accuses US candidates of being "anti-Mexican"

The Associated Press
    Wednesday, December 5, 2007
    MEXICO CITY: President Felipe Calderon on Wednesday accused U.S. presidential candidates of "swaggering, macho and anti-Mexican" posturing and warned the U.S. Congress not to impose conditions on a $1.4 billion anti-drug aid package.

"The only theme in the (U.S.) electoral campaign is to compete to see who can be the most swaggering, macho and anti-Mexican," Calderon told a local radio station, Enfoque. He did not name any particular candidate or party.

Mexican officials have been sharply disappointed at the failure of years of efforts to reform U.S. immigration policy to legalize the status of millions of undocumented Mexican workers in the United States.

"I find the greatest sensitivity in the U.S. government, some in Congress," Calderon said, but said there was "a total lack of understanding and aggravation, hostility toward Mexico" among Americans in general.

Calderon also appeared to reject any added conditions on a proposed $1.4 billion U.S. anti-drug aid package that had been negotiated with American officials, saying, "I cannot accept any submission or subordination."

The proposal by the administration of President George W. Bush, dubbed the Merida Initiative, is meant to give Mexico aid, training and equipment to fight drug trafficking, which U.S. officials see as an American national security problem.

It still awaits approval in Congress, and some U.S. legislators have suggested the program may need safeguards to prevent corruption or human rights abuses by Mexican military and law enforcement personnel.

"I need that technology," Calderon said. "Give it to me. And give it to me without conditions."

Calderon also criticized U.S. involvement in Iraq, saying U.S. leaders were "spending Americans' money and putting the government into debt to finance their military adventure, and that is squeezing out private investment."

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/12/ ... ico-US.php
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    "I need that technology," Calderon said. "Give it to me. And give it to me without conditions."
    Hmmm......now I see where the illegals get their sense of entitlement.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It still awaits approval in Congress, and some U.S. legislators have suggested the program may need safeguards to prevent corruption or human rights abuses by Mexican military and law enforcement personnel.
    Here's a safeguard, use that money on OUR side of the border to stop the drug runners and illegals from coming in.

Finish the wall.

Dig the Rio deeper.

More border patrol or military to man the border.

Do NOT give it to Mexico or it will go into the pockets of the wealthiest! Let Mexico take care of the own interior!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

swaggering, macho and anti-Mexican" You bet
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Here's a safeguard, use that money on OUR side of the border to stop the drug runners and illegals from coming in.

Finish the wall.

Dig the Rio deeper.

More border patrol or military to man the border.

Do NOT give it to Mexico or it will go into the pockets of the wealthiest! Let Mexico take care of the own interior!

Absolutely! We know how corrupt they are in Mexico and also that Mexico is aiding and abetting the drug smugglers at the border. It would be insane to give them all that money for nothing. It would be helping bring drugs into the country rather than stop the flow. If the US gives Mexico that money it means the US is pushing drugs in this country and is part of the problem.

Mexican president accuses US candidates of being anti--

WHY IS THE U.S. GIVING MEXICO ANYTHING IN THE WAY OF MONEY TO CLEAN UP THE DRUG TRAFFICKING FROM THAT COUNTRY INTO THE U.S.? MEXICO IS NOT A POOR COUNTRY AND THEY SHOULD TAKE CARE OF THEIR OWN PROBLEMS. THIS PIN HEAD TALKS AS IF WE OWE HIM AND HIS COUNTRY AND THEREFORE HE IS DEMANDING THAT HE BE GIVEN THAT KIND OF MONEY WITH NO STRINGS ATTACHED. I THINK IT WOULD BE VERY WRONG FOR OUR GOVERNMENT TO HAND OVER THAT KIND OF MONEY TO THE GOVERNMENT OF MEXICO WITHOUT THE CONSENT OF THE CITIZENS OF THIS COUNTRY. THIS IS ONE ARROGANT YOU KNOW WHAT. HE IS TALKING S--- OUT OF ONE CORNER OF HIS MOUTH AND BEING DEMANDING OUT OF THE OTHER CORNER. NO MONEY FOR HIS COUNTRY'S DRUG PROBLEM AND NO AMNESTY FOR HIS ILLEGAL CITIZENS.

Calderon said. "Give it to me. And give it to me without conditions."
    These Mexican officals are pathetic, shameless, beggars. In many ways they are like little children, and we have to stop enabling them (which means NO MORE AMNESTIES). It is my sincere hope that enough poor illegal aliens self deport to Mexico and put intense pressure on Calderon & the corrupt Mexican elite to finally reform.

Is this foreign aid or blackmail?

!.4 billion to secure the border and prosecute the drug runners is a much better idea than paying Mexico to protect the drug runners from their side of the border. Isn't that what they did with the last blackmail payment? And isn't it a shame that the tunnels will have to be rebuilt? Oh yeah, and those stupid Americans living on the border are complaining about the Mexican army acting as convoy protection for the drugs being brought in overland. What an annoyance for him I'm sure!

How many leaf blowers does Felipe Calderon think we can support?

I was always told that it's best to keep your mouth closed and have people think your a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
    Well there is no doubt about Calderon now!