Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mexican, U.S. mayors blast border fence

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061111/ap_ ... er_fence_1

PIEDRAS NEGRAS, Mexico - Mayors from Mexican and U.S. border cities Friday denounced U.S. plans to build a border fence aimed at preventing Mexican from illegally entering the United States.

The mayors of Eagle Pass, Texas, and Ciudad Acuna and Piedras Negras, both in the Mexican state of Coahuila, signed a document declaring the U.S.-Mexico border an area for union and solidarity — not division.

"From El Paso to Brownsville, Texas, we're against building the wall. ... That's why we're here today to support our neighbors," Eagle Pass Mayor Chad Foster said.

Piedras Negras Mayor Jesus Flores said border communities face many challenges that must be confronted by governments on both sides of the border.

"We can only overcome our shared problems by using the cooperation links that have been established by our communities," Flores said. "It is with our neighbors in Eagle Pass and Del Rio that we share our origins and families. ... We can't be separated. A wall is something that goes against all human dignity."

President Bush signed a law last month to erect fencing along the border to secure it against illegal immigrants, drug smugglers and terrorists. Republicans in Congress see it as their most significant accomplishment on immigration. The president called it "an important step in our nation's efforts to secure our borders."

However, the measure has been roundly criticized in Mexico by President Vicente Fox and other political leaders.

California's Republican Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger said Friday at the end of a two-day trade visit to Mexico that the planned fence is "an incomplete way" of solving illegal immigration and said both California and Mexico would benefit from legalizing workers.

Schwarzenegger spoke in Mexico City as he met with President-elect Felipe Calderon, who called the fence "deplorable."

At the document signing ceremony, a crowd of more than 2,000 people who gathered at a plaza in Piedras Negras to welcome Ciudad Acuna Mayor Evaristo Perez and those who accompanied him on a three-day, 55-mile march from Ciudad Acuna — across from Del Rio, Texas — to protest the planned fence.

"Today, we're calling on those men and women in power in the United States to reflect on the consequences of this disgraceful plan not only for the people of the border but also for humanity," the document said.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you --ask what you can do for your country" John F. Kennedy

I am so sick of the one sided Mexican idiots. They are angry because they want their outcasts to be able to enter America illegally? Are they nuts?

MW
    I sure hope this isn't a case where the squeaky wheel gets the grease!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Mayors from Mexican and U.S. border cities Friday denounced U.S. plans to build a border fence aimed at preventing Mexican from illegally entering the United States.
    It's because the drug trade is a very profitable business for the Mayors, I'm sure. You will never convince me that these people aren't corrupt up to their necks.

The fence debate needs to be steered toward stopping the drug trade and potential terrorists.....if you removed illegals altogether from the picture, you still need a fence to stop the flow of poison into our neighborhoods.

With this guy as the new head of the House Committee on Homeland Security, we don't need to worry about building that fence anymore.

http://benniethompson.house.gov/hor/ms02
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

Ciudad Acuna used to be known a "boys town" it was full of "houses". I remember being 9 years old and driving through there and seeing a woman walking down the street with her dress unzipped all the way down the back with nothing on under it. My mother took my grandmother to Mexico shopping but she didin't realize until we got there that it was a town of prostitution my mother couldn't get out of there fast enough, what a sleazy, nasty place.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn