Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mexican Youth More Likely to Migrate

Mexican Youth More Likely to Migrate
    Associated Press
    August 11, 2007

Mexican youth waiting to cross the fence into US from Tijuana, Mexico. (Basil Pao)

Mexico City - More than a third of Mexican migrants are under age 25, driven to leave the country because of poverty and Mexico's inability to keep young people in school, the National Population Council reports.

The government agency estimated that 220,000 Mexicans aged 15 to 24 left the country each year from 2000 to 2005, about 38 percent the total number of migrants who headed abroad, mainly to the United States, during the period.

At 19 percent of the general population, people in that age bracket are twice as likely to migrate as the rest of the populace.

Cesar Garces, the head of the council, said 47 percent of Mexico's youth live in poverty, and that only seven in 10 of Mexico's 15-year-olds, half of its 17-year-olds and 29 percent of its 20-year-olds are still in school.

But he said the percentage of Mexicans with at least a high school education has grown from 8 percent in 1970 to 42 percent now.

Garces spoke at a conference held by the United Nations Population Fund for International Youth Day 2007, set for Sunday.

http://www.banderasnews.com/0708/nr-mexyouth.htm
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Youth to migrate

FOR all illegal Males
    YOU want to stay and YOU say YOU have rights Well Then YOU need to go fight for this country. When YOU can show love for this country then YOU can CLAIM for rights that YOU now don't have. If it wasn't for this country YOU wouldn't be sending money to YOUR"S. SO LETS SEE YOUR MACHO GO FIGHT FOR THIS COUNTRY, EARN YOUR RIGHTS TO STAY.

For you illegal Women ( not all 80 o/o ) you need to keep those leggs closed, cause having all those kids from X Y & Z and telling me why go to work when you get the check in the mail.and then YOU tell me about the morals and your culture in your country, In your country you would be a disgrace and to your family. As I have told many of you ,Your morals and culture have not much to be desire specally by your example.
    all my comments are 30 yrs working at the medical center [/u][/b]