Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mexico #2! (in Obesity)

26 March 2008
    Mexico #2! (in Obesity)
    [Brenda Walker] @ 11:27 pm

Here’s more proof that Mexico is a rich country ( http://www.latinbusinesschronicle.com/app/listado2.aspx ), not wracked by poverty as we are led to believe by the open-borders hacks. When Mexicans were poor, they ate beans and tortillas, a healthy combination that creates a complete protein.

Now they have excess money to spend on obesity-causing junk food, just like Americans. When you live on Cokes and potato chips, you are headed toward blimpdom. The most obese person on earth is a Mexican: http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?sectio ... id=4943937

MEXICO CITY – Fueled by the rising popularity of soft drinks and fast food restaurants, Mexico has become the second-fattest nation in the world. Mexican health officials say it could surpass the United States as the most obese country within 10 years if trends continue.

More than 71 percent of Mexican women and 66 percent of Mexican men are overweight, according to the latest national surveys.

With diabetes now Mexico’s leading cause of death, activists and leaders hope to renew efforts to crack down on fatty-food consumption and encourage citizens to exercise more. But it will be a tough battle, as industry groups are expected to put up a fight.
    [Where hunger once prevailed, diabetes is leading cause of death, San Diego Union-Tribune, March 24, 2008]
    http://blog.vdare.com/archives/2008/03/ ... n-obesity/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

That's funny, because on a lot of the anti-American hate sites, Americans are criticized for being fat. There is a Mexican grocery store near me (their description, not mine) with authentic imported items, and Mexican brands are also featured in most mainstream stores around here. Lots of pre-packaged foods, lots of sugar, lots of candy and pastry, the very thing we have been criticized for in the past. They also still use lard in cooking more frequently than we do. The only American people I know still using lard are old farm families who like it better for pie shells than Crisco. The Bimbo Bakery of Mexico has made great market inroads here, and their offerings put Hostess and Little Debbie to shame. You know the traditional method of turning a tortilla into a hard taco shell? The housewife would fry it in deep fat till the heat broke down the starch and made it flexible, then she would make it cool down in the shell shape she wanted. Refried beans are traditionally made with lard, btw. None of this will make you fat if you a) don't eat more fuel than you need, and/or b) work it off via physical activity (such as farming labor). That's why communities such as the Amish can stay healthy on old-style cooking (although their older folks tend to plump up). I think Mexicans must be combining traditional cooking with modern treats, just like us, and are moving into more modern jobs, just like us, for this to happen. I know that if I cook like my grandmother, but work like I do now, I'll be the dress size of a Holstein rather quickly. That's what happened to my ancestors who were the first generation here, they inherited all the old world cooking culture but were accountaints, engineers, and suburban housewives.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Refried beans? YUCK! They look like beans someone threw up and put back on the burner!
    "

Looks like the people of Mexico are eating quite well on all those remittances that it's illegal invaders are sending back to Mexico.

Next, Mexico will blame the United States for their obesity problem!

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    Refried beans? YUCK! They look like beans someone threw up and put back on the burner!

Hey now!

Hey now! If there's any country too fat to be pointing fingers, it's us. If we were a fit, strong, proud country of citizens we wouldn't look the way we do.

Part of the reason illegal labor has become so prevalent is because we've become too damn fat, lazy, lethargic, and entitled. Perhaps if we decided to lead the world in physical vibrancy instead of gluttony we wouldn't be in such a position.

Now I'm not here to needlessly bash fellow American's, but "let he without sin cast the first stone". Until we tackle our oun obesity epidemic, we're in no position to criticize anyone else.

-A proud (and very fit) American

so much for "We come here to feed our starving families!". It's just more lies [MOD EDIT]

Re: Hey now!

Quote Originally Posted by Squire
    Hey now! If there's any country too fat to be pointing fingers, it's us. If we were a fit, strong, proud country of citizens we wouldn't look the way we do.

Part of the reason illegal labor has become so prevalent is because we've become too damn fat, lazy, lethargic, and entitled. Perhaps if we decided to lead the world in physical vibrancy instead of gluttony we wouldn't be in such a position.

Now I'm not here to needlessly bash fellow American's, but "let he without sin cast the first stone". Until we tackle our oun obesity epidemic, we're in no position to criticize anyone else.

-A proud (and very fit) American

You couldn't find a fast food restraunt in mexico 25 years ago. Now, every American Fast Food Corporation has an operation in Mexico. This is due in large part to the illegals working and living in the United States who send home billions of dollars in remittances back to Mexico. That it turn allows for expendable income in which Mexicans, like Americans can now afford to induldge in diets which now contain high amounts of fast food.

Fast food corps have a vested interest in making sure those illegals remain in this country as they provide a cheap source of labor in this country, and they send mony back to Mexico in which some of that is used to patronize their operations in that country.

From an individual standpoint, I do not eat fast food and work very hard to keep a great body and remain in shape. I would agree that as a nation however, we probably cannot point fingers at any country for an expanding waistline as we have some work to do there as well.

I don't know about that entitlement part. I've always cleaned my own house and will be lifting sod for a garden this year. I think the use of illegal labor is more widespread for businesses, not individual homes.