Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Mexico First, America Last

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    By "we" I mean Republicans, after he became a Republican. He was a Democrat and then became a Republican. He pretty much voted the party line on stuff as he got older, taxes, nominees, business type bills, farm bills, highway bills, defense bills, stuff like that. He's wasn't my Senator so I don't know that much about him other than I'd hear about him on the news once in awhile on tight votes, because they were waiting for Strom to cast the winning vote.
    Time can be a friend!

Yeah, it sure can.

And in defense of Maxine Waters, it's not her age, it's her politics. If she was at that microphone yelling FAIRTAX NOW instead of IMPEACH 45, and instead of fighting for open borders was fighting to fix our bad trade deals and stop illegal immigration, and she was my Representative, I'd vote for her until she voluntarily retired or died. She's just stuck in the DemoQuack Party working for at least some things that I think are wrong. She's probably working on some things I support, but she's not making the news with those.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Not interested.
    Of course you're not because it doesn't fit your narrative that our representatives are immune to the effects of old age.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It's not my narrative, it's the law.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Yeah, it sure can.

And in defense of Maxine Waters, it's not her age, it's her politics. If she was at that microphone yelling FAIRTAX NOW instead of IMPEACH 45, and instead of fighting for open borders was fighting to fix our bad trade deals and stop illegal immigration, and she was my Representative, I'd vote for her until she voluntarily retired or died. She's just stuck in the DemoQuack Party working for at least some things that I think are wrong. She's probably working on some things I support, but she's not making the news with those.
    In my opinion, that's a ridiculous argument and an extremely poor defense for someone as confused in her thinking as Maxine Waters. Watching some of her recent interviews clearly show her elevator is confused as to what floor it's on or is supposed to be on.

All of our elected politicians should be required to have testing for mental abilities when they reach a predetermined age. These folks make huge decisions on the welfare of our country and it's important that we are protected. Nobody is immune to the potential negative affects aging can have on ones mental capabilities.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Not interested.

Yeah, it sure can.

And in defense of Maxine Waters, it's not her age, it's her politics.
    Correct! She has made a career out of hateful speech, apparently from a hateful environment growing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    If she was at that microphone yelling FAIRTAX NOW instead of IMPEACH 45
    We'd all agree she is insane!

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Watching some of her recent interviews clearly show her elevator is confused as to what floor it's on or is supposed to be on.
    And if you look at her interviews from years ago, you would see that this is not related to age or dementia, it is the way she has always been!

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    All of our elected politicians should be required to have testing for mental abilities when they reach a predetermined age. These folks make huge decisions on the welfare of our country and it's important that we are protected.
    There is a reason people, like the President, have to be impeached before they can be prosecuted. You advocate that anybody you disagree with could be declared incompetent and removed from office. The voters are not precluded from electing a convicted criminal to office. It is a matter of if they have confidence that that politician can accomplish what they want done. So it is up to the voter to determine!

The problem then falls to the media to present the facts, not the spin, that can convince voters to remove or keep a person that you may see as incompetent!

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Of course you're not because it doesn't fit your narrative that our representatives are immune to the effects of old age.

Sorry Judy, I agree with MW on this one.

Nobody should be be allowed to remain in Congress 20, 30, 40 years.

Not only does this open the doors to wide spread corruption like we have now,
    but it also questions the competency of government officials in there 70’s or 80’s

It is true that certain brain changes are inevitable when it comes to aging.
    As we grow older, our brains experience physiological changes that can cause glitches in brain functions. It takes longer to learn and recall information. We are not as quick as we used to be.

40% of adults over the age of 65 experience some form of memory loss.

When there is no underlying medical condition causing the memory loss, it is
    known as “age-associated memory impairment,” which is considered a part of
    the normal aging process.

We need our members of Congress healthy and competent as we the people depend on them to implement policies and laws that effect every aspect of our lives.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty
    by joining our E-mail Alerts athttp://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Well, I don't see any benefit to these younger brains, not so far anyway. All the bad stuff we're dealing with now these people did 20 and 30 years ago when they were young. Obama was young, and look at the mess he made. Keep that in mind. It's taking an old guy like Trump to clean it up. And look who's fighting him? The younger ones. It was Chuck Grassley who exposed Comey for the fraud he is in that famous Wednesday hearing when Grassley said "EEGADS", Trump watched that one, so did I, and I knew and that's when Trump also knew, Comey had to go, he ain't right and Grassley is the one whose questioning drew that out and spilled it for all to see. Grassley is 85.

And also if we were so smart, we wouldn't need Congress implementing policies and laws that affect every aspect of our lives. That was not the intent of our people for the role of our government. The government was supposed to be involved in some things but not all things, way too big, way too involved in stuff it should have never gotten involved with in the first place. Plus it doesn't do a very good job at very much that it takes on either.

I'm not for term limits or age limits. That requires Constitutional Amendments and I don't want to mess with our Constitution any more for a long time.

And don't forget what the young Bushes did to this country, NAFTA, "free trade", North American Union, New World Order, "guest worker program", tens of millions of illegal aliens came into our country because of them, and they were "young". Bush II lied about Iraq, a mess we're still embroiled in.
    Last edited by Judy; 06-30-2018 at 01:07 AM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast