Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mexico: our friend?

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=50663

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mexico: Our friend?

Posted: June 16, 2006
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2006 WorldNetDaily.com

President Bush has said it over and over again.

"Mexico is out friend."

You've heard him say it.

I've heard him say it.

I've just never heard him explain what he means.

Do you think "Mexico is our friend"?

Do friends treat friends like Mexico treats us?

Do friends encourage the violation of other friends?

Do friends take strong stands contrary to the stands take by their friends?

Do friends jeopardize the health and safety of friends?

Do friends violate the space of friends?

Do friends support the sworn enemies of their friends?

I could go on and on, of course. You could probably join me. But let's talk specifics. Let's talk about what prompts my latest rage against the elitist leaders of our neighbor to the south.

This week, the Mexican ambassador to Iran, Luis Ortiz Monasterio, said the mullahs in Tehran have an absolute right to develop their nuclear program and enrich uranium so that this rogue terrorist state can build nuclear weapons intended to be used on us and our allies.

Notice Mexico is not concerned about Iran's nuclear program. The leadership there does not see Iran's nuclear weapons and Iran's terrorism as a threat to their country. Why? Because Mexico is not our friend – not our ally.

Monasterio went further to make his point.

He compared what is taking place in Iran today with what took place in Mexico in 1938. He claims, back then, the U.S., British and Dutch governments said Mexico was not sufficiently competent to control such a sensitive industry.

I don't know who, if anyone, actually said that. But, if someone did, it was one of the most prophetic utterances ever made. Who can deny after 68 years of corruption and exploitation of its own people that Mexico is still incompetent or unwilling to handle such a sensitive industry?

"This is the same thing taking place in your country, despite your right to the full control of nuclear fuel cycle," Monasterio told the mad mullahs.

Thanks, "friend."

Have you ever studied the votes of Mexico in the United Nations? They more closely parallel those of Fidel Castro's Cuba than they do the votes of the U.S.

That's a friend?

Which brings me back to where we started – just why does President Bush consider Mexico "our friend"?

What has Mexico ever done to warrant that descriptive?

By the way, this is no reflection on the people of Mexico. It is an indictment of their leadership.

Vicente Fox may well be George W. Bush's friend. But he is no friend to the American people. And, increasingly, it is obvious that George W. Bush – through his actions and his words – is no friend of the American people, either.

It is an admirable trait that Americans might want to be friends with the people of Mexico. I believe it is in the best interests of the people of Mexico that we not serve as a "safety valve" for the country's excess population. I believe it is in the best interests of Mexico that the Mexican people fix the systemic problems in their own country rather than flee to ours. I believe it is in the best interests of Mexico that it find ways to keep its most productive and hardworking people at home. And, I believe it is in the long-term best interest of the Mexican people that their neighbor to the north remains free, independent and strong.

Where am I going wrong?

What am I missing?

How is Mexico today acting like a friend?

The Mexican government is no friend of mine and I will add that the people are not either. They are breaking into my country (home) and stealing at will and saying it is their right to do so and Washington backs the thieves.

I know I have also said they should go back and clean up their own country as have many others, but the reality is they have not cleaned up their country in hundreds of years. Why would they start now? They would rather invade this country and bring it down to their level.

I couldn't agree with you more, Diana.

I don't beleive Mexico is our friend, never has been.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn