Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mexico plans to send trucks across border this month

August 16, 2007
    SPECIAL REPORT: Mexico plans to send trucks across border this month Thursday, Aug. 16, 2007 – A Mexican publication that covers Mexico’s transportation industry reported Wednesday that the Secretariat of Communications and Transportes said that the cross-border pilot program is coming by the end of this month.

Despite continued opposition from Mexican trucker group – CANACAR – the country’s transportation secretary claims the plan is on the move, according to the transportation publication T21.

In a business meeting on Tuesday, Mexican Transportation Secretary Luis Tellez Kuenzler announced that “necessary conditionsâ€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

[quote]officials from the Mexican government will meet next week with U.S. Secretary of Transportation Mary Peters in Tijuana to “see the progress of the programâ€
    ( STOP ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT EMPLOYMENT - BOYCOTT FIELDALE FARMS, PILGRIMS PRIDE & TYSON POULTRY )

As if drunk people in pick ups weren't killing us fast enough - now it will be drunks wrestling an 18 wheeler down the highway - headed at your families.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member BorderLegionnaire's Avatar
    The USDOT has lots of rules and regs for our truckers! Logbooks, hours on the road-off the road, drug and alcohol screenings, age restrictions, truck safety checks, and license validation! Now I wonder if these rules would apply to Mexican truckers??? Also where the hell are the Teamsters on this?
    Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy.
    -Ron Paul

Yes, and here in Texas, the DPS is pretty tough on truckers.

And, no I doubt they will have to meet any regulations -

As for the Teamsters, they might talk the good talk, but there are an 'internatinal' union - they don't care. I remember seeing a picture of a Teamster honcho in Mexico surrounded by Mexican workers.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie

As for the Teamsters, they might talk the good talk, but there are an 'internatinal' union - they don't care. I remember seeing a picture of a Teamster honcho in Mexico surrounded by Mexican workers.
    There is also an Independent truckers union too. I'm sure they will have something to say about this!!!

I stumbled on this looking at truckers unions.
    http://www.todaystrucking.com/news.cfm?intDocID=17813
    -Ron Paul

More decent paying American jobs being insourced by greedy companies!

I am in the industry and am already seeing the price for hauling freight dropping by the day..I move flatbeds, and vans and the prices per miles are dropping daily. I guess they are trying to get us used to the lower rates, because after all the Mexican carriers are going to haul for 70 cpm and will make money..
    An average company driver makes anywhere for $750.00 to $1200.00 a week and an owner operator (someone who owns their own equip) can make anywhere between $1800 and $2500 a week.
    And no these companies are not going to be held to the same standards that American companies are held to! Last I heard the drug screens are going to be checked in the U.S. but the samples are going to be taken in Mexico and submitted to the U.S for the results!! Could our government be any dumber? Wait let me take that back, I don't think the government is dumb they know exactly what they are doing, they are pandering to the globalist who only see money and people are expendable! The American Trucking Association, The American Retailer Association, and The American Manufacturing Asscoiation (or what's left of them) are all backing the entry of these Mexican Carriers!
    The DOT also has a law know as "Cabotage Law" that states that these carriers will not be able to haul freight within the U.S.. Suppposedly they will only be able to haul from Mexico to the U.S. and pick up in the U.S. and head back for Mexico! Yeah Right! Whose going to enforce the law!
    We can't even enforce the border! Are they going to hire more DOT agents to check the Bills of Lading! The answer is no! There will be no enforcement, therefore we will see a loss in more decent paying American jobs going to foreigners all in the name of GREED!
    Makes me sad to see so many middle class Americans losing their jobs just to satisfy a larger bottom line!

Quote Originally Posted by BorderLegionnaire
    Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie

There is also an Independent truckers union too. I'm sure they will have something to say about this!!!

I stumbled on this looking at truckers unions.
    http://www.todaystrucking.com/news.cfm?intDocID=17813
    I don't know about this - I do know the truckers are upset - but like the rest of us, whose paying any attention to them.

WE can 'say' all we want - but getting something done is tough to impossible.

They want truckers from Mexico to enter the US because it is cheaper to ship Far East Asian goods to Mexican ports rather then American. Then use cheaper shipping (Mexican Truckers) to cart the products to the States. This is the big NAFTA/SPP plan! They want to cut out US longshoremen, US truckers, and all the other workers jobs that involve the importing businesses! They are destroying middle income jobs, which will in turn destroy America!!!
    -Ron Paul

We know why they want the Mexican truckers - and like everything else American lives and American livelihood comes in last - everytime.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast