Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mi Casa Es Su Casa

http://victorhanson.com/articles/hanson123005.html

December 30, 2005
    Mi Casa Es Su Casa
    by Victor Davis Hanson
    Wall Street Journal

“Shameful," screams Mexico's President Vicente Fox, about the proposed extension of a security fence along the southern border of the U.S. "Stupid! Underhanded! Xenophobic!" bellowed his Foreign Secretary Luis Ernesto Derbez, warning: "Mexico is not going to bear, it is not going to permit, and it will not allow a stupid thing like this wall."

The allusions to the Berlin Wall made by aggrieved Mexican politicians miss the irony: The communists tried to keep their own people in, not illegal aliens out. More embarrassing still, the comparison boomerangs on Mexico, since it, and not the U.S., most resembles East Germany in alienating its own citizens to the point that they flee at any cost. If anything might be termed stupid, underhanded or xenophobic in the illegal immigration debacle, it is the conduct of the Mexican government:

"Stupid" characterizes a government that sits atop vast mineral and petroleum reserves, enjoys a long coastline, temperate climate, rich agricultural plains â€â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[color=blue]Nor is the evolving debate framed so much any more as left-versus-right, but as the more privileged at odds with the middle and lower classes. On one side are the elite print media, the courts and a few politicians fronting for employer and ethnic interests; on the other are the far more numerous, and raucous, talk-radio listeners, bloggers and cable news watchers, the ballot propositions, and populist state legislators who better reflect the angry pulse of the country. [/color]

yep- but we never did really need them here to work -it was about keeping wages lower - not about jobs going empty

Re: Mi Casa Es Su Casa

Wall Street Journal?? Yippee!! We're Winning! Hello Business Community--Welcome to the Fight to Save Our Nation That Provides You With the Best System In the World To Make Money Legally!

"Stupid! Underhanded! Xenophobic!" bellowed his Foreign Secretary Luis Ernesto Derbez, warning: "Mexico is not going to bear, it is not going to permit, and it will not allow a stupid thing like this wall."
    Derbez--you have raised the ante. You will not only face a wall at our border, you will face 40,000 Americans Guarding Every Single Mile of the southern border of the United States. You will now face a:

WALL OF AMERICANS!!

The allusions to the Berlin Wall made by aggrieved Mexican politicians miss the irony: The communists tried to keep their own people in, not illegal aliens out. More embarrassing still, the comparison boomerangs on Mexico, since it, and not the U.S., most resembles East Germany in alienating its own citizens to the point that they flee at any cost. If anything might be termed stupid, underhanded or xenophobic in the illegal immigration debacle, it is the conduct of the Mexican government:
    The Mexican Government has exposed itself as the long term enemy of the American People it likely always was all along.

[quote]"Stupid" characterizes a government that sits atop vast mineral and petroleum reserves, enjoys a long coastline, temperate climate, rich agricultural plains â€â€
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

BUT, wait a minute. Wasn't it the WALL STREET JOURNAL that ran that article SLAMMING Tancredo last week??? I guess these are just the average-run-of-the-mill OP ED pieces rather than the NEWSPAPER'S position???? I'll try to find that article that I am referring to.

ANYHOO, THIS writer has it on the MONEY. I loved his quote about the world being upside down.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

ME TOO!! It is exactly what my Ironies and Opposites means. He gets it. And I'm still giving WSJ credit for printing the article. I'm claiming them on our side...then they won't want to disappoint us. Reverse psychology.

Two can play that game!!

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I can't find that article. I am almost SURE that was where it came from. I will give them credit for ANYTHING they print that supports our cause!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

TODAY IF NOT SOONER! AND, GRAB THE PRESIDENT AND VICE PRESIDENT BEFORE YOU SHIP THEM OUT.