Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Miami Drivers the Rudest in U.S.

This does not surprise me. Many drivers are illegal and without valid driver's licenses or drive like they did where they came from. Alot of those people are bad tempered and very inpatient. This gives even more proof that Tancredo was correct when he called Miami third world.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/ ... -news-sfla

Miami's drivers are the rudest on the road, U.S. survey says

Associated Press
    Posted May 15 2007, 5:13 AM EDT

MIAMI -- For the second consecutive year, rude Miami drivers have earned the city the title of worst road rage in a survey released Tuesday.

Miami motorists said they saw other drivers slam on their brakes, run red lights and talk on cell phones, according to AutoVantage, a Connecticut-based automobile membership club offering travel services and roadside assistance.

Other cities near the top of the rude drivers list were New York, Boston, Los Angeles and Washington, D.C.

South Miami resident Erik Pinto told The Associated Press that he has probably seen every bad driving habit on Miami's roads.

``You don't want to know what I've seen,'' Pinto said. ``I've seen everything. I'm from L.A., and we don't see the crazy drivers that you see here.''

The most courteous drivers can be found in Portland, Ore.; Pittsburgh; the Seattle-Tacoma area; St. Louis; and Dallas-Fort Worth, the survey found.

Portland drivers were the least likely to see other motorists tailgating on the roadways, and St. Louis motorists were the least likely to swear at another driver, according to the survey. Minneapolis-St. Paul was rated the most courteous city in 2006 but fell to No. 12 this year.

The most frequent cause of road rage cited in the survey was impatient motorists. Drivers also said road rage can stem from poor driving in fast lanes and driving while stressed, frustrated or angry.

``The best piece of advice is to take a deep breath. Slow down, be aware and be careful,'' AutoVantage spokesman Todd Smith said, adding the aim of the survey is to increase driver safety across the nation.

More than 2,500 drivers who regularly commute in 25 major metropolitan areas were asked to rate road rage and rude driving in telephone surveys between January and March. The survey was conducted by Prince Market Research has a margin of error of plus or minus 2 percentage points.

Residents in the following 25 cities were surveyed and are listed in order from those reporting the most incidents of road rage to the fewest:

1. Miami

2. New York

3. Boston

4. Los Angeles

5. Washington, D.C.

6. Phoenix

7. Chicago

8. Sacramento, Calif.

9. Philadelphia

10. San Francisco

11. Houston

12. Atlanta

13. Detroit

14. Minneapolis-St. Paul

15. Baltimore

16. Tampa

17. San Diego

18. Cincinnati

19. Cleveland

20. Denver

21. Dallas-Ft. Worth

22. St. Louis

23. Seattle-Tacoma

24. Pittsburgh

25. Portland, Ore.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The latino men are full of machismo and this leads to agressive driving. The latina women just hate gringos and drive accordingly.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

The most courteous drivers can be found in Portland, Ore.; Pittsburgh; the Seattle-Tacoma area; St. Louis; and Dallas-Fort Worth, the survey found.

I live in a suburb of Pittsburgh and I can attest to how nice other drivers are. People always let you and smile and wave as well

25. Portland, Ore.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MIAMI -- For the second consecutive year, rude Miami drivers have earned the city the title of worst road rage in a survey released Tuesday.
    THIS IS THE TRUTH!

The first thing that I noticed after moving from Florida, the state I grew up in, to my new state, was how well people drive. I was shocked. I said to myself, "What is this thing, of waiting and waiving another car ahead of you, and stopping at a parking place and instead of zipping into it first and cutting the other guy off, here the protocol is to stop, smile and allow the "other guy" the space. I said, "This is STRANGE to me!!"

Sometime during my second week in my new state, I was driving and this crazy driver came right up behind me, almost hit me from behind and then swerved to the right and passed me in the right lane which was merging and about to end. I said to myself, "Hey, this guy must be nuts!" The car got in front of me and guess where his license plate was from?!!

FLORIDA!!

I said, "Get out of here you crazy Floridian driver!! Go back to where you came from!!"

Seriously, that is one dangerous state to drive on the interstate on. I hear people complain, but until you drive on the interstate from Orlando south to Miami and the Keys......you ain't seen nothin YET.

Swatchick, you would be a good person to ask whether or not you would agree with this or not ----but,

personally, I do not think that Florida has enough police officers to handle the problems -- at least not enough State Highway Patrol. When I drive in other states, I see their highway patrol all over the place. I've driven on more than one occasion from one end of Florida to the other end and once I did not see ANY Florida Highway Patrol and another time I saw ONE highway patrol.

Where are they.....or do they even exist??

Also, in South Florida, you will see the most insane traffic violations and I OFTEN saw police just IGNORE it.

WHY?! This has always baffled me about Florida. You would think a state which invites tourists would be extremely careful about traffic laws for the safety of these innocent visitors, let alone their own residents of the state.

Well, there are a lot of things about Florida which have always baffled me, this is just one thing I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by pjr40
    The latino men are full of machismo and this leads to agressive driving. The latina women just hate gringos and drive accordingly.
    Having been born and raised in Miami, pjr40, you took the words right out of my mouth. They act as if they could give a damn about what the law states. This 'machismo' is nothing but studipity. It's a latin thing that does nothing but cause trouble and yet it something they're proud of. Yea, be proud you think with your gonads rather than your brain.

There are not enough Highway Patrol Officers. They not only are on the highways and turnpikes but also deal with accidents on parts of major roads such as Ives Dairy Road, Miami Gardens, Kendall Drive. Accidents ties them up and leaves almost no there to enforce traffic laws.
    As for police officers if they are on an urgent call they will not stop someone. One thing people don't realize is that there are some calls where police do not run with lights and sirens. An officer may also not pull someone over if they are off duty and since they do drive their cars home. Even with city and county departments the amount of calls that come in make it very difficult for officers to have the time to do routine traffic stops. If they are going on a non urgent call and see something they often pull them over.
    I wish they had enough staff or there was enough time for officers to pull more people over. When officers do pull people over the driver is run through the system and often people are caught driving without a license and/or insurance, have a warrant out for them, have drugs and/or drug paraphanilia on them or a notify ICE order on them.