Michael Chertoff Is Now Our National Economist
By Digger

I'm really getting fed up with these heads of departments in our government not doing their job and I'm sure you are as well. Now we have Michael Chertoff, the head of our Department of Homeland Security, at the Border-Security conference in El Paso, Texas saying that doing his job he has been assigned will be detrimental to the economy.

You know what Michael Chertoff, I don't really give a crap about your opinion of the economy. You were hired because of your supposed skill at security and management of organizing protecting the United States citizens. Why don't you focus on your damn job and stop being concerned with other departments like agriculture and the economy?

If we thought you were a good economist and agriculture head we would have made you the agriculture secretary.

Now shut the hell up and do your job!

UPI:

U.S. Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff said he hopes Congress will soon revisit immigration reform for economic reasons.

Chertoff told a border-security conference in El Paso, Texas, that his department was now faced with having to enforce immigration laws that not only pull resources away from dealing with security threats but also have a negative impact on agriculture and other economic sectors that have become dependent on illegal migrant labor.

How about focusing a little more on security and a little less on agriculture business, something you have zero experience with?

Homeland Security found itself facing “a need to pursue people coming here (illegally) to work, taking time away from (pursuing people) who are coming here to do us harmâ€