Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Michael McCaul: Syrian Refugees Could Bring ISIS Threat

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Michael McCaul: Syrian Refugees Could Bring ISIS Threat

Tuesday, September 8, 2015 01:35 PM

By: Sandy Fitzgerald

With assurances that there are no Islamic State agents included in the massive flood of Syrian refugees, House Homeland Security Committee Chairman Michael McCaul said Tuesday he can't support allowing them into the United States.

"I can't support a policy that would allow a jihadist pipeline into the United States," the Texas Republican told Fox News' "Fox and Friends" program. "We've read their documents themselves when they talk about exploiting the refugee issue to get into the United States."

Story continues below video.

Federal and intelligence officials are very compassionate on the issue, McCaul said, and he thinks the migration is a "tragedy of extraordinary proportions," but at the same time, "we've got to do this thing right. [Bringing] thousands of Syrians into the United States, not knowing who they are, I think would be very irresponsible."

McCaul is holding a committee meeting at New York City's 9/11 Museum, and will hear from former Mayor Rudy Giuliani on Tuesday to talk about the events of the massive terrorism attacks, and told Fox News that there will also be discussion about today's threats.

There is argument that the threat of terrorism died with Osama bin Laden, but he believes the threat "has gotten worse, not better," as there is a new generation of terrorists now who are sophisticated with the use of the Internet to activate followers worldwide.

"This is not over," said McCaul. "We've arrested over 60 ISIS followers in the last year, more than one per week [and there are] 200,000 ISIS tweets per day."

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/mic.../08/id/678590/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I commented about the European influx this morning watching dozens to hundreds Syrians trampling some farmers corn crop, "That is inflamed by ISIS supporters. Why would people flee from the people trying to assist if not aggravated by terrorist idiots?"

McCaul is right, we do not need one Muslim more than we have in the USA!

Good for Michael McCaul! PLEASE, send your concerns to him, since he is Chair of the US House Committee on Homeland Security.

I often forward stories to his committee that I think reflect the disintegrating national security of our country. I was told that aides are supposed to deliver communications on a DAILY basis to the Chairs. Your opinion as a citizen is IMPORTANT! Please be thoughtful and respectful as we want citizens' opinions to continue to be heard.

homeland.security@mail.house.gov
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If Congressman Michael McCaul was serious about protecting America from terrorists and ISIS he would not be supporting amnesty for illegal aliens and being targeted for removal from office on our Cantor List...

http://www.alipac.us/f34/michael-mcc...aliens-311770/

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It's a learning curve, William. I agree we have to keep an eye on them, that is why I have sent probably 20 or so news articles and complaints to them. We need lots more people doing that, because I'm sure most of what they review in Committee is official communications. I also had four other email addresses of House aides, and would usually copy them, too, but they change.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

Rep. McCaul: ISIS Seeks To Use Refugee Routs To Infiltrate West

by Caroline May
    10 Sep 2015

President Obama’s plan to resettle at least 10,000 Syrian refugees in the U.S. next fiscal year carries real national security risks, House Homeland Security Committee Chairman Rep. Michael McCaul (R-TX) warns.

“The President wants to surge thousands of Syrian refugees into the United States, in spite of consistent intelligence community and federal law enforcement warnings that we do not have the intelligence needed to vet individuals from the conflict zone,” McCaul said in a statement Thursday.

Earlier Thursday, White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest said the U.S. would “accept at least 10,000 refugees in the next fiscal year.” Obama’s plan represents a dramatic increase over the 1,800 the U.S. is slated to accept this year.

McCaul has been warning about the potential security risks of accepting high volumes of Syrian refugees for months.

“We also know that ISIS wants to use refugee routes as cover to sneak operatives into the West. I implore the President to consult with Congress before taking any drastic action and to level with the American people about the very real security challenges we face,” the McCaul said.

The Texas lawmaker acknowledged the tragedy of the current Syrian refugee crisis, saying the U.S. can help but urged the administration to take on the real problem, ISIS.

“The President needs to develop a real strategy for victory to defeat ISIS and remove [Syrian President Bashar] Assad from power, which is the root cause of the problem,” he said. This is the culmination of a failed foreign policy to deal with the threats and now we have a humanitarian crisis on our hands.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...filtrate-west/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn