Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder Says An Arizona-Style Law Would Hu

Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder Says An Arizona-Style Law Would Hurt His State

By Elizabeth Llorente

Published May 22, 2011

Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder says he opposes strict state-level immigration measures because they are "divisive."

The governor of Michigan, where an immigration bill is pending in the legislature, said that such a measure would be detrimental.

Speaking to the Michigan Hispanic Chamber of Commerce on Thursday, Gov. Rick Snyder said that an immigration law such as the one passed last year in Arizona would "encourage a divisive atmosphere."

The governor, a Republican who was elected to his post in November, on several occasions has said the state, whose economy has been among the hardest-hit in the country, needs immigrants.

The bill introduced in the legislature would get police more involved in checking the immigration status of people they pull over.

Earlier this year, in a talk before a Muslim group, Snyder said Census 2010 data showed a steep decline in Michigan’s population, and therefore the state needed to attract immigrants.

At that talk, Snyder said the state’s diversity – it is home to the nation’s largest Arab and Muslim population and a growing community of Latinos – could attract more businesses to Michigan.

"We need to celebrate diversity; it's one of our strengths,â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    He needs to look at the numbers. What the state will save in medical, social services, education costs, crime and crime related expenses. It far outweighs the cost of allowing criminals (illegals) to remain in the state.

The governor, a Republican who was elected to his post in November, on several occasions has said the state, whose economy has been among the hardest-hit in the country, needs immigrants.
    Like h%%l we do!!!!!!!!!!!! I have family and friends in Michigan, as it stands right now they can't stand this man!!!! He is already taxing the crap out of the state and now he wants to flood the h%%l out of Michigan with illegals????????? Michigan has already had enough problems and the last thing they need is this bafoon inviting a bunch of illegals!!!
    "Mother Sick of Sending Her Child to A School Overflowing With Anchors and Illegals!"
    http://the-drama-of-my-life.blogspot.com

I was born and raised in Michigan though I now live in Las Vegas. Most of my relatives still live in Michigan and my relatives that live in the Detroit area have had a terrible time trying to find work. My sister lost her job that she had for 15 years because of drastic cutbacks and my brother-in-law lost his job because the company he worked for closed the plant and moved it to Mexico. He has been looking for a job for two years and cannot find anything. My sister went into a state training program for people who have lost their jobs and was finally able to get a job in the medical field. My nephew in college lost his fast food job when the place
    when out of business and it took him almost a year to find another one.
    The other nephew cannot find work.

The governor wants to bring more "immigrants" to the state when the
    people that live there cannot find work and the economy is so bad. Who is he kidding! He must be delusional.

Another polititian pandering to certain minorities in hopes that they will be
    voting for him come reelection.

Rick Snyder is a disgrace to the Republican Party and America for making such totally ignorant statements about needing immigration. Is this what the Tea Party wanted? I sure hope not.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

April
    Help needed here, please join in!

http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-1228122.html#1228122