Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Migrant caravan to reach US border day before Trump's State of the Union

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Migrant caravan to reach US border day before Trump's State of the Union

Published 1 hour ago

Migrant caravan to reach US border day before Trump's State of the Union

By Griff Jenkins | Fox News

Central American migrants embark on final leg to US border

SALTILLO, Mexico -- More than 2,000 migrants boarded dozens of buses provided by the Mexican State of Coahuila en route to the border city of Piedras Negras, where a shelter with federal resources awaits them.

The caravan will arrive at the border on Monday, a day ahead of President Trump’s State of the Union speech – and on the heels of the Pentagon’s announcement that nearly 4,000 troops will be deployed to the region in the coming weeks.

For many of the migrants, who began this journey on Jan 15 in San Pedro Sula, Honduras, it is the final destination before they attempt to cross into the U.S. either legally by claiming asylum at a port of entry or illegally at various spots along the Texas border.

Central American migrants settle in a shelter at the Jesus Martinez stadium in Mexico City, in Mexico City, Monday, Jan. 28, 2019. Thousands of Central American migrants are waiting for Mexican officials to issue them humanitarian visas, which give them permission to be in Mexico for one year and work legally. (AP Photo/Marco Ugarte)

“For security reasons, I cannot say which way we're going to take,” says Antonio Morales of El Salvador who intends to cross illegally.

MEXICO CONFIRMS ENDING FAST-TRACK VISA PROGRAM FOR CENTRAL AMERICAN CARAVAN

“Plus, if Mr. Donald Trump is watching, I can't tell you where I'm going to go to get into your country,” he said.

As far as official support and coordination with the caravan from Mexico, here in Coahuila it is highly organized and substantial.

Last night, the governor of Coahuila Miguel Riquelme greeted the migrants with welcoming arms, food, shelter, phone calls, haircuts and health care.

The official twitter account of Coahuila announced that the caravan was on its way to the border.

Gobierno de Coahuila@GobDeCoahuila

El Gobernador @mrikelme supervisó los apoyos para la #CaravanaMigrante, que salen mañana a primera hora rumbo a la ciudad fronteriza de #PiedrasNegras.#FuerteCoahuilaEs

8:44 PM - Feb 3, 2019
    97 people are talking about this

"The Governor @mrikelme oversaw the support for the #CaravanaMigrante, which leave tomorrow morning in the direction of the frontier city of #PiedrasNegras.#FuerteCoahuilaEs
    Monday morning, the Secretary of Coahuila Jose Fraustro oversaw the bus operation in Saltillo, telling Fox News that this is the best, safest, most efficient way to handle the situation given the migrants’ circumstances.

LATEST MIGRANT CARAVAN BEGINS TO FLOOD MEXICO CITY AS ‘REMAIN IN MEXICO’ POLICY BEGINS

But he also said the caravan should have been deterred or handled at Mexico’s southern border rather than allowing it to trek 1,300 miles across the country.

Now he says many of them have health issues and will have to wait long periods of time if their goal is asylum in America.

Health officials here confirm that there are many respiratory infections, gastrointestinal conditions, five cases of chicken pox, one individual with HIV and one case of swine flu.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/migran...h-issues-mound

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2 View Post

The caravan will arrive at the border on Monday, a day ahead of President Trump’s State of the Union speech – and on the heels of the Pentagon’s announcement that nearly 4,000 troops will be deployed to the region in the coming weeks.

Why in the coming weeks? You have known for weeks another caravan was on the way, but it doesn't really matter because the military would not do anything if they were there.

I am an only child of a World War ll vet. and it pains me deeply to say that, but I firmly believe if he were alive today, he would say the same thing.

I also want to make it clear that he would not, and I do not, feel the rank and file are responsible for this, but the Pentagon and the CIC are an absolute embarrassment to this nation.
    You've got to Stand for Something or You'll Fall for Anything