Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Jean
  • 2 Post By stoptheinvaders
  • 1 Post By stoptheinvaders
  • 2 Post By stoptheinvaders
  • 1 Post By Beezer

Thread: Mike Braun: ‘Enough Is Enough,’ Time to Secure the Border

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

  1. #1
    Administrator Jean's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    65,364

    Mike Braun: ‘Enough Is Enough,’ Time to Secure the Border



    Jan. 7, 2019
    Sean Moran

    Sen. Mike Braun (R-IN) told Breitbart News in an exclusive interview on Monday that “enough is enough;” it is time to secure America’s southern border, and the Democrats’ plan is “basically no border security. Period.”

    Braun, a populist businessman similar to President Donald Trump, spoke with Breitbart News on Monday in an extensive conversation over securing America’s southern border and combatting illegal immigration.

    Braun defeated former Sen. Joe Donnelly (D-IN) by nearly six points during the 2018 midterm elections and rose his way through the Indiana Senate Republican primary by ousting two popular conservative congressmen, Reps. Todd Rokita (R-IN) and Luke Messer (R-IN), by over ten points each.

    Braun’s victory against Donnelly, as well as Trump’s double-digit victory in the 2016 presidential election, suggests that Hoosiers want to secure the country’s southern border and end illegal immigration.

    Braun, who campaigned in Indiana with President Trump several times over the 2018 midterms, told Breitbart News that border security was a top priority for Hoosier voters.

    “I think in Indiana, border security was right up there with jobs and the economy. I think the cost of health care was too when I campaigned. I’m disappointed that we’re just talking about $5.7 [billion] when it’s going to take more than that to really address it and to make sure that we have a secure border and promote legal immigration the way it’s always been,” Braun told Breitbart News. “It’s always been on the part of the Democrats, where everyone agrees on what we ought to do, the president is calling their bluff, and they’re digging in politically.”

    Braun’s comments arise as the federal government continues to experience a partial government shutdown over Trump’s $5.7 billion in requested border security funding. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) have refused to give in to Trump’s demands.

    Former red-state Democrats, such as Sens. Donnelly and Heidi Heitkamp (D-ND), shocked voters as they relented on their pledge to back Trump’s partial border wall funding and instead voted against advancing the Republican spending bill that contains $5.7 billion in border wall funding.

    The Indiana senator said that many red-state Democrats use “political calculation” to get elected. Meanwhile, Sen. Braun has signed a term limit pledge which allows him to focus on representing Hoosier interests in the Senate, especially on immigration.

    Sen. Braun said, “It says they’ll do everything with political calculation so, get elected then come back into the party fold with some convenient excuse. I think that’s really a turnoff I know Hoosiers have with the federal government. It’s one of the reasons I decided to run; I have the blessing of signing a term limits pledge and hopefully we’ll have more steadfastness than most politicians here.”

    The Hoosier businessman said that he thinks that “Indiana is a law and order state that believes in simple things like a border that should be respected and secured.”

    Sen. Braun charged that he believes that securing the border and tackling illegal immigration ranks as a top issue for Hoosiers and GOP voters.

    President Trump announced on Monday that he will deliver a prime time address on Tuesday night on America’s insecure southern border, in which he will explain directly to the American people why the country needs border security.

    The Indiana Republican said that “enough is enough” and that America needs to secure its southern border.

    “I am pleased to inform you that I will Address the Nation on the Humanitarian and National Security crisis on our Southern Border,” Trump tweeted on Monday.

    Braun said that Hoosiers “also need something that addresses a lot of the issues due to not having a sound immigration plan. I believe President Trump ran on it and carried Indiana by 19 points back in ’16 and came in several times for me and immigration was always a discussion. When we tried to measure that we were talking about the right things, like I said it was right up with two or three other things, all of equal importance. I think Hoosiers are practical folks… it’s clear that we have a border that is systematically not respected and breached for decades. And enough is enough.”

    The senator continued, suggesting that the conservation of illegal immigration has reached a “boiling point,” and that the Democrats’ plan for illegal immigration is basically “no border security.”

    “I think it’s easier to talk about now than it’s ever have been. It’s reaching a culmination, it’s reaching a boiling point of sort, and I’m interested to see if the Democrats are willing to do anything other than just beleaguer the process. And, you got to remember just two years ago most of them wanted to spend $25 billion and believed in a physical impediment; now all of that is gone and all they propose is $1.6 [billion],” Braun said. “That is a real about-face. I think the real political fishtailing is from the Democrats. It’s going to be on their shoulders to see if they can dig in and keep their plan, which is basically no border security. Period.”

    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...re-the-border/
    Beezer likes this.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

  2. #2
    Senior Member stoptheinvaders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    3,374
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post

    Jan. 7, 2019
    Sean Moran


    I’m disappointed that we’re just talking about $5.7 [billion] when it’s going to take more than that to really address it
    and to make sure that we have a secure border and promote legal immigration the way it’s always been,” Braun told Breitbart News.

    So am I, and many others. Glad Braun is aware, now please go tell all the other R's, and President Trump!
    Last edited by stoptheinvaders; 01-08-2019 at 03:19 AM.
    MW and Beezer like this.
    You've got to Stand for Something or You'll Fall for Anything

  3. #3
    Senior Member Judy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    55,752
    What is it that people don't understand? You lost the election, you lost the House of Representatives, the "people's House", you lost to the mob. The mob doesn't want a wall, they want every single illegal alien that can climb, slither, tunnel, storm, lie, cheat or steal to get into the United States, because it grows the welfare state, it grows poverty, it reduces wages for Americans, it pigeon holes black Americans in our derelict inner cities with no jobs or opportunity but the right to vote DemoQuack, it grows sales for the medical and health care industries, and baby food companies and diaper companies, and toy companies and food sales, cell phone sales, clothing sales, shoe sales, cosmetic sales, ethnic food sales, car sales, truck sales, and church coffers. Illegal aliens are big bucks for donors to the DNC.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

  4. #4
    Senior Member stoptheinvaders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    3,374
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    What is it that people don't understand? You lost the election, you lost the House of Representatives, the "people's House", you lost to the mob. The mob doesn't want a wall, they want every single illegal alien that can climb, slither, tunnel, storm, lie, cheat or steal to get into the United States, because it grows the welfare state, it grows poverty, it reduces wages for Americans, it pigeon holes black Americans in our derelict inner cities with no jobs or opportunity but the right to vote DemoQuack, it grows sales for the medical and health care industries, and baby food companies and diaper companies, and toy companies and food sales, cell phone sales, clothing sales, shoe sales, cosmetic sales, ethnic food sales, car sales, truck sales, and church coffers. Illegal aliens are big bucks for donors to the DNC.



    What part is it that you do not understand.The R's had the Senate, House, and WH for 2 years and didn't do anything about all those problems you just mentioned. Some of us tried to tell the cheerleaders, we begged them to help, but they cheered the rise in the Stock Market,they did not want immigration mentioned. If we attempted to mention it we were told---patience grass hopper, troll--concern troll--never trumper--and worse. We tried to warn the cheerleaders, he was elected in large part because of immigration, and it should not be an after thought or put on the back burner. The cheerleaders would not listen, they run many off and out of the party.

    Blame those R's who did nothing about immigration, and the cheerleaders who cheered them on and run off those who realized immigration was key to saving our country.
    MW likes this.
    You've got to Stand for Something or You'll Fall for Anything

  5. #5
    Senior Member Judy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    55,752
    Quote Originally Posted by stoptheinvaders View Post
    What part is it that you do not understand.The R's had the Senate, House, and WH for 2 years and didn't do anything about all those problems you just mentioned. Some of us tried to tell the cheerleaders, we begged them to help, but they cheered the rise in the Stock Market,they did not want immigration mentioned. If we attempted to mention it we were told---patience grass hopper, troll--concern troll--never trumper--and worse. We tried to warn the cheerleaders, he was elected in large part because of immigration, and it should not be an after thought or put on the back burner. The cheerleaders would not listen, they run many off and out of the party.

    Blame those R's who did nothing about immigration, and the cheerleaders who cheered them on and run off those who realized immigration was key to saving our country.
    LOL!! I guess you thought you could go to Free Republic and trash talk Trump and get to stay there? Uuuh, no, that's a no go.

    Trump and Republicans worked their asses off to introduce and pass bills that would solve these problems. Trump had them put them all in one, plus everything he wanted which was a 70 point legislative action plan to end illegal immigration and reduce legal immigration. He used a DACA Amnesty, work permit renewals, to try to bribe the Dems in the Senate because we didn't have enough votes in the Senate on just Republican votes to pass the bill.

    You've found a nice home here to Trash Talk Trump. How's that working out for you?
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

  6. #6
    Senior Member stoptheinvaders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    3,374
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    LOL!! I guess you thought you could go to Free Republic and trash talk Trump and get to stay there? Uuuh, no, that's a no go.

    Trump and Republicans worked their asses off to introduce and pass bills that would solve these problems. Trump had them put them all in one, plus everything he wanted which was a 70 point legislative action plan to end illegal immigration and reduce legal immigration. He used a DACA Amnesty, work permit renewals, to try to bribe the Dems in the Senate because we didn't have enough votes in the Senate on just Republican votes to pass the bill.

    You've found a nice home here to Trash Talk Trump. How's that working out for you?


    Are you calling begging other R's to be concerned about immigration "trash talk"?

    Are you talking about calling a lie---a lie "trash talk"?

    Are you calling posting something like the item below "trash talk"?

    When you claim Trump is working his ass off, does that include busing in the fake asylum seekers illegals at tax payer expense?
    The fact our own government is encouraging and facilitating the invasion by busing in fake asylum seeker illegals at US taxpayer expense (View Videos) is intolerable and must be stopped. Theses videos show Trump's DHS buses importing 90% male fighting age illegals of which more than 90% will not qualify for asylum if they ever show up in court. Less than 10% ever show up for court.

    The DHS/ICE buses you see in these videos are under the control of the Executive Branch which is under the control of President Donald J Trump, not Democrats or left-wing judges. This is your government busing in illegals through the catch and release program Trump said he ordered an end to nine months ago (
    View Video Proof).

    https://www.alipac.us/f8/video-your-...to-usa-368614/
    MW and Beezer like this.
    You've got to Stand for Something or You'll Fall for Anything

  7. #7
    Senior Member Beezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    20,427
    Cut off the taxpayer funded freebies now!

    Sign an Executive Order and get it done!

    No school, welfare, food stamps, IRS tax refunds, healthcare, lawyers, drivers licenses!

    FIRE GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES WHO ARE AWARDING ILLEGAL ALIENS TAXPAYER FUNDED BENEFITS!

    End birthright citizenship...that will make a BIG impact on this never ending invasion.

    It is expensive to live here! They will sell out, pack up and go home!
    stoptheinvaders likes this.
    TO BECOME AN AMERICAN YOU MUST CHANGE YOUR VALUES ...NOT YOUR LOCATION

    STAY HOME AND BUILD AMERICA ON YOUR SOIL

Similar Threads

  1. Mike Huckabee: I Will Secure Border Within a Year If Elected
    By Jean in forum illegal immigration News Stories & Reports
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-31-2015, 12:48 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-12-2014, 12:11 AM
  3. “Secure Border” a Federal Farce – 15th Time Same Mexican Man To Be Deported
    By AirborneSapper7 in forum illegal immigration News Stories & Reports
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-30-2014, 11:50 AM
  4. MIKE RUPPERT DISCUSSES 9-11 IN DETAIL FIRST TIME 7 YEARS
    By AirborneSapper7 in forum Other Topics News and Issues
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-08-2011, 12:20 AM
  5. Obama Plan to Claim Border Secure so Time for Amnesty?
    By stevetheroofer in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-09-2011, 03:39 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •