Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Militarization of US immigrant rights movement dangerous

Militarization of US immigrant rights movement dangerous

Russia Today
    Published 26 May, 2010
    Edited 27 May, 2010

As the Latino population grows into America's largest minority, the community is being targeted by the US military as a new and steady source of recruits.

"Yo Soy el Army: America's New Military Caste" is a documentary film by Marco Amador that looks at the militarization of the immigration debate in America.

A study by Rand in 2009 found that Latinos were underrepresented in the US military. This led to changes in military recruitment, specifically the adjusting of standards and testing requirements. During this reevaluation, the military decided to pursue new ways to target the Latino community. One of these was offering citizenship through military service.

The DREAM Act (Development, Relief and Education for Alien Minors Act ), which gives undocumented students the opportunity to acquire citizenship through college, also has a substantial military component.

“For us, that’s a huge problem. Mainly because in the invasion in 2003 in Iraq, 20 percent of the casualties in the invasion were Latino,â€

This has nothing to do with IAs as one must have at least a green card to join the military. Or have they started the "don't ask, don't tell policy to that too?"
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Giving military training to La Raza loyal types is just plain stupid. And for all who agree to it in exchange for citizenship - I guess they don't know that after they get out of the military they will be marginalized once again by getting put on that terrorist watch list.
    Restitution to Displaced Citizens First!

I have no way of knowing if the Latinos' in the military is disproportionate - I do know that the poor of each race is stuck being cannon fodder - "Join The Army - Learn a *kill!" and come out qualified to maybe be a prison guard and nothing more. I don't believe in giving preference to one race based on their complaints - it is not a race based discrimination - it is class based.
    Restitution to Displaced Citizens First!

Quote Originally Posted by sarum
    I have no way of knowing if the Latinos' in the military is disproportionate - I do know that the poor of each race is stuck being cannon fodder - "Join The Army - Learn a *kill!" and come out qualified to maybe be a prison guard and nothing more. I don't believe in giving preference to one race based on their complaints - it is not a race based discrimination - it is class based.
    It seems there are two types of military people: Some turn in to losers, such as happened after the Vietnam War. Some learn how to play their vet status to continual advantage above and beyond what was in their original agreements. Call it "playing the Vet card."

I've seen that happen in churches, in labor unions, in politics. The veteran's lobby is very powerful and they are always seeking out new benefits for themselves. It doesn't matter whether the cause they were in was totally stupid or not, they consider it an entitlement to themselves and a way to bargain for more privileges.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I am so glad that they are lowering the standards for the security of the US. Just like it makes me feel safe when BO says they are going to lower the standards to get into medical school so more minorities can qualify.