Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Miller Brewing Co. Responds to Immigrants Boycott to Beer

http://marketingymedios.com/marketingym ... 002198385&

Miller Brewing Co. Responds to Immigrants Boycott to Beer
    March 16, 2006
    By MyM Staff

Miller Brewing Co. put out an unusual one-page advertisement in Thursday's edition of Hoy in Chicago. The headline reads: "Miller Brewing Company se opone a la legislación HR4437 contra la inmigración" (Miller Brewing Company Opposes HR4437 Anti-Immigration Legislation).

The ad is in response to growing support to boycott Miller products after a group of pro-immigrant organizations in Chicago found out the company has contributed to the political campaign of Republican Sen. James Sensenbrenner, of Wisconsin. The senator is behind the HR4437 bill, which calls for strengthening the anti-immigration laws in the United States, including the construction of a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border.

The boycott against Miller was conceived for March 10, during a massive demonstration in Chicago to protest the proposed bill, which is currently under debate in the Senate. According to the organizers, Miller Brewing Co. contributes "economically with anti-immigration politicians" such as Sensenbrenner.

According to a story in Hoy,, some small business owners said they have considered not selling any Miller products in their shops.

In a statement released Wednesday, Miller Brewing Co. stated that Miller has a long history of proudly supporting many national and local Hispanic organizations. "We hope you continue to responsibly enjoy Miller products with the knowledge that our company will continue to support the Hispanic community and the rights of immigrants," the statement read.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

thank god i have never liked them. stupid South African company.

Norman Adami
    President and
    Chief Executive Officer

Miller Brewing Company, Milwaukee, WI
    3939 W. Highland Blvd, Milwaukee, WI 53208
    (414) 931-2000

https://www.millertalk.com/TalkToUs/Default.aspx

1-800-MILLER 6

* If you're a member of the media, please call our News Media Hotline at (414) 931-2222, Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Central Standard Time.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

I guess we can add Miller to the list, along with Budweiser of companies that support illegal immigration. If they think the latinos boycotting their beer will hurt, let's show them what happens when Americans boycott their beer.
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

I tried to send them an E-Mail with my thoughts but after filling out there form and writeing my question/statement. It would not allow me to send. it just clicked off. Not the best with a computer but it seems funny to me. I made sure that i did not use any bad/offensive words or threats. but still wont allow to send.
    Your Rights END where MY Rights Begin. You have NO Rights if You Are ILLEGAL.

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WavTek
    I guess we can add Miller to the list, along with Budweiser of companies that support illegal immigration. If they think the latinos boycotting their beer will hurt, let's show them what happens when Americans boycott their beer.
    I don't think illegals will ever boycott any brand of beer.
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!