Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Minority doctors in short supply in San Joaquin Valley

Minority doctors in short supply in San Joaquin Valley
    last updated: April 03, 2008 04:01:33 PM

FRESNO, Calif. —
    A new report suggests the San Joaquin Valley's growing Hispanic and southeast Asian populations aren't getting medical care from the doctors best equipped to understand their needs.

A California Medical Board survey shows just 8.1 percent of all doctors in the region are Hispanic, despite the fact that Hispanics represent about half of all residents in Fresno, Merced and Tulare counties.

The survey tracks ethnic information collected from doctors when they renew state medical licenses.

The nonprofit Fresno Center for New Americans says there are about 30,000 Hmong living in Fresno, but only a few practicing Hmong doctors.

Doctors of all ethnic backgrounds are in short supply: there are 173 doctors per 100,000 residents in the valley, the lowest of any region in the state.

http://www.modbee.com/state_wire/story/258594.html

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    hahahahahahahahaha
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Lemme guess. The medical schools will soon be forced to accept more "minorities" who are less qualified academically so that all the whiners get doctors of their own race or culture. Top students will get turned away because they are of the wrong race. It's getting so ridiculous. Frankly, I don't care what they are, as long as they are excellent doctors and speak English. I am white. My dentist is Indian, my doctor is Chinese. My other doctor is Japanese. Our ped is from the middle-east. We chose them because they are good doctors.

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Doctors dont make as must as Illegal Immigrant drug runners
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is BS; I work in healthcare in this area! There are plenty of foreign doctors. You'll have a harder time finding an American born doctor. Their only problem attracting doctors in this Valley is the lack of attractions such as the coast has to offer. No nice beaches or picturesque views here.

We belong to Kaiser. They give you a list of doctors with their bio's and you pick your primary care doctor. I had no problem with the fact that most on the list had diverse names; but I did have a problem with the fact that most of them attended medical school outside of the United States.

I know one of the problems in California in nursing is the shortage of teachers and schools. They pick the students they allow to attend these schools by the lottery system, which means you don't always get the best students.