Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Minuteman Meltdown?

By Josh Aden

Updated: Saturday, February 16, 2008 8:34 PM PST

Traditionally tight-knit anti-illegal immigration organizations are roiled in internal conflict.

Struggles for power and finances have led leaders in the movement to split ties with Jim Gilchrist, the founder of the Minuteman Project.

Bickering continues over who has control of the original Minuteman organization and once faithful members are now deserting the group. Barbed e-mails and accusations fly among the former Minuteman loyalists.

“I’m fighting on three fronts,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Garcia supported Mitt Romney, as did Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, a vocal opponent of illegal immigration in Congress. Many anti-illegal activists like Coe and Gheen supported Ron Paul’s candidacy.
    This is ABSOLUTELY false. I remained completely neutral in this race in honor of our supporters that were behind many campaigns.

I already have a call in to this writer and I am going to demand the source of that false info. From the way the article reads, it looks like the likely source of the false info is Gilchrist.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I didn't think that was right when I read it. You've bent over backwards to remain neutral.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

The major point this reporter doesn't understand is that Jim Gilchrist doesn't have a group. He helped coin the "Minuteman" phrase but that is a generic term used to describe anti-illegal immigration activists. This reporter seems to be under the impression that all "Minutemen" serve under Jim Gilchrist's leadership. Jim has never been a leader of anything. He was just a guy in the right place at the right time. The truth is, Jim Gilchrist is a barnacle on the backs of anti-illegal immigration activists. He claims credit for their achievements. He is so despised in Southern California that he no longer attends any events. It's been like this now for over a year.

No group who is fighting against the illegal invasion should bad mouth another in any way this does detract from our cause. They should not be airng there dirty laundry in public.

I hope this gets cleared up soon. I have been getting mail from the project also.

Quote Originally Posted by caasduit
    No group who is fighting against the illegal invasion should bad mouth another in any way this does detract from our cause. They should not be airng there dirty laundry in public.

I hope this gets cleared up soon. I have been getting mail from the project also.
    We all sat by quietly while Gilchrist attacked many of us in his disgusting emails because we didn't want to air the dirty laundry. Gilchrist has filed numerous frivolous lawsuits against us and we still stood by silently.

After Gilchrist endorsed Huckabee, a pro-illegal presidential candidate, and went on a media blitz to lie and cover up Huckabee's horrific immigration record he became fair game for our criticism. Gilchrist is a con-man. He doesn't speak for our cause.

Hopefully things will get cleared up for you after Gilchrist's fraud trial. It begins May 27th.

I'm not a fan of the man, for the life of me I don't know of anything he has done to help with the movement. I know he has badmouthed other groups, and I delete his mail asking me for money, so he can attack friends of mine in LA. His badmouthing is what really turned me off to him.

[quote]“While Ron Paul himself is a pretty good guy, his supporters are lunatics,â€

Gilchrist cannot take credit for founding the first citizen border watch.

That was a woman by the name of Muriel Watson, a widow of a border partol agent. She spear headed the "Light up the Border" gatherings outside of San Diego in 1990. Rodger Hedgecock, helped bring her activism and border watches to the MSM, where national prime-time news shows featured her vigils in the dark.

Jim Gilchrist didn't come along until 2004 and rode in on her skirt tail.

[quote]Gilchrist said groups like ALIPAC see him as competition for fundraising dollars.

“As long as the Minuteman Project exists, we take away from their donor base,â€

W,
    I don't mean to be defending Jim, but if the report lied or misquoted you, why should we believe anything they reported that gilchrist said? Shouldn't we just chalk this up to "consider the source"?

[quote]Gilchrist said he supports Huckabee as a more moderate candidate than Ron Paul, who is popular with his critics.

He said Paul supporters are generally of the ultra-right mentality.

The extremism of this faction of the anti-illegal immigration movement is a factor in its demise, Gilchrist said.

[b]“While Ron Paul himself is a pretty good guy, his supporters are lunatics,â€
    It will not be enough to send a letter. We will have to march on washington and dictate terms in the white house

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast