Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Missing Phoenix man found dead in Mexico

Missing Phoenix man found dead in Mexico

May. 10, 2010 08:38 PM
    Associated Press

MEXICO CITY - U.S. officials confirmed Monday that an American citizen was found dead in northern Mexico.

The U.S. Embassy said the body of Ronald C. Ryan was recovered in Sonora state, across from Arizona, but gave no other details.

Jose Larrinaga, spokesman for Sonora state prosecutors, told reporters Sunday that Ryan's body was found the previous day partially buried near a creek on the outskirts of Santa Ana, a city 60 miles south of Nogales, Arizona. A cause of death had not been determined and the body was taken to the border city of Nogales, Mexico, for an autopsy, he said.

Larrinaga said Ryan, 67, of Phoenix, Arizona, had been reported missing May 3.

State police had reported detaining three men the following day who had left Ryan's pickup truck at a carwash in Santa Ana. Officers seized several automatic rifles, dozens of bullets and marijuana from the men, ages 18, 20 and 21, state police said.

Local media said two of the men are the son and a nephew of Jose Vasquez Villagrana, an alleged key operator of the Sinaloa cartel who was arrested in February.
    http://www.azcentral.com/community/phoe ... z0namWds1j
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Mess with fire and you can expect to get burned! The deceased was obviously, in some capacity, involved with the wrong people.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

First Krentz now this man but the government belittles us and calls us names because we want our borders secured and our laws enforced.

I've been trying to follow this story, but Phoenix media is ignoring it and there has been no update. From what I can tell, he was reported missing on May 3rd in Phoenix and not missing in Mexico, as the news story never said he traveled to Mexico.

He was found in Mexico.

Shame, shame on the Phoenix media for not following up on this story.

Did you notice too, on the story about the 4 kidnapped from Mexican wedding at a church, that one of the dead men was also an American Citizen?

These are stories worth following, but will the MSM continue to ignore these major developments?
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

Quote Originally Posted by mapwife
    I've been trying to follow this story, but Phoenix media is ignoring it and there has been no update. From what I can tell, he was reported missing on May 3rd in Phoenix and not missing in Mexico, as the news story never said he traveled to Mexico.

He was found in Mexico.

Shame, shame on the Phoenix media for not following up on this story.

Did you notice too, on the story about the 4 kidnapped from Mexican wedding at a church, that one of the dead men was also an American Citizen?

These are stories worth following, but will the MSM continue to ignore these major developments?
    This 67 year old American might be an innocent victim of a car jacking because the drug gang wanted his truck and killed him to get it. I've been trying to follow up on this too, but as you said, the press isn't covering it.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I've heard lots of stories about people being murdered by illegals that they were trying to help - short-term by giving them a ride, day-jobs, or even semi-permanent rehab jobs and also helping them by allowing them to stay on their property. Back in the 1970's when rape was a taboo issue but frighteningly common, the feminists in the city I lived in began a political action to insist that the police report all the crimes of rape. That would have helped me alot. You see I was raised not to think about morbid things and was never raised to consider that this bad thing could happen to me or to be morbid enough to plan around it. Now we think of it as common sense - but not then. So maybe I could have avoided being a target if I had been raised to not be such a perfect one.

The people I know have always wondered why the murder they know about never was reported in the news. I think a political action to insist that the volume of crimes reportedly committed by illegals would have a multiple effect - to help some wake up to the fact that they are not all docile wanting to work hard people - knowledge is power - prevent victimhood. Also for the sheer magnitude of the crimes being committed by this population.

Although to be fair, illegals are easily spotted and they are victims of alot of crimes too - from all communities including their own. Perhaps those should be reported too. Although it would be much more difficult to get the information. Or in the interest of fairness, have each report page state that illegals are victims of lots of crimes but due to their status they are afraid to report so accurate statistics are not available.
    Restitution to Displaced Citizens First!

Friends mourning man killed in Mexico
    'Very fine' Valley resident was known for generosity
    by Dennis Wagner - May. 12, 2010 12:00 AM
    The Arizona Republic

Friends in Phoenix say Ronald C. Ryan loved Mexico and its people so much that he made regular trips south of the border, often delivering clothing and gifts to the poor.

Last week, the 67-year-old Valley businessman apparently was murdered in Sonora, his corpse left in a shallow grave outside the town of Santa Ana. He had vanished May 3.

Bart Hill, partners with Ryan in Sueño Sonora Outfitters, a Scottsdale company that leads hunting expeditions into Mexico, said it appears bandits killed the American retiree to get his new pickup truck, which was later recovered by police at a carwash in town.

Mexican media reported this week that investigators arrested two men in the slaying, identified as a son and nephew of a prominent figure in the Sinaloa cartel.

Special Agent Manuel Johnson, an FBI spokesman, said the bureau was assisting Mexican law enforcement with the investigation, but he could provide no additional information.

Violence among narcotics cartels has resulted in an estimated 22,700 deaths in Mexico since 2006.

That violence has rocked northern Sonora the past year, with scores of deaths and kidnappings. On May 6, the State Department issued a new advisory for Mexico, warning about travel in the Nogales area. Representatives at the U.S. Consulate declined to comment on the case.

Hill said he and Ryan sponsor about 30 deer-hunting trips to cattle ranches in Mexico each year, where local cowboys serve as guides.

He said Ryan also visited Sonora about twice a month, sometimes bringing clothes and other items gathered by Elias Entertainment Group, a Phoenix company whose directors own one of the ranches.

"He was a very compassionate person," Hill said of Ryan. "He cherished it down there. Sueño Sonora means you're dreaming about Mexico, and that was Ronnie's passion."

Hill said he and Ryan spoke recently about the violence in northern Sonora, agreeing to take precautions and not drive at night.

Nevertheless, Hill said, Ryan left the ranch south of Santa Ana in pre-dawn darkness en route to Nogales, Sonora, where he was scheduled to drive a friend to the hospital for surgery at 6:30 a.m.

When Ryan failed to arrive at the appointed time, Hill contacted the U.S. Consulate to report his friend missing.

According to the Associated Press, the remains were discovered Saturday near a river about 60 miles from the border.

Ryan, who lived in the Valley from his childhood, retired years ago from a career that included ownership of a construction-crane businesses and a self-storage outlet, as well as real-estate investments.

Hill said he initially suspected that kidnappers targeted Ryan for abduction and ransom. After speaking with the FBI, Hill said, it appeared his friend was killed over the truck, a new 4-wheel-drive Dodge with chrome wheels.

Hill described Ryan as eager to help others and willing to laugh with self-deprecation. He said it was painful knowing that Ryan died so needlessly.

"Part of me loves Mexico, and part of me is mad at Mexico right now," he added.

Juan Elias is co-owner, with his brother, of a concert business that has helped provide clothing and Christmas gifts to villagers in Sonora for the past five years. Ryan had assisted them since 2008.

"The mothers would come, some carrying babies with another child by the hand, walking miles just to get a toy and some candy," Elias said. "Ron saw what we were doing and he fell in love with it. He was a very fine man. . . . This has really been devastating for us."

Hill said a memorial Mass is planned in Nogales, Sonora, for Ryan's friends in Mexico. No information was immediately available aboutservices in the Valley.
    http://www.azcentral.com/community/phoe ... urned.html

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/community/phoe ... z0njlcfo6s
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...