Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Yes, the point is Romney is flopping to our side and would be easier to influence and less likely to try to shove a "it's not amnesty" amnesty down our throats. Not perfect, but better then the current alternatives.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Yes, the point is Romney is flopping to our side and would be easier to influence and less likely to try to shove a "it's not amnesty" amnesty down our throats. Not perfect, but better then the current alternatives.
    Maybe, but to me that is settling. Don't fool yourself because romney won't be as easily influenced by his constituency as he will be by big business lobbyists and special interest groups.
    Yes, romney is flipping to our side, but that could easily change after the elections.
    Besides, he has already said that he will not deport the 12 (20 million) already here and he expects them to self deport by taking away all the benefits. Well that's a noble idea, but not very practical.
    In order for his attriction plan to work, deportations would have to continue so the message stays fresh and alive, and that people know America is serious about curbing it's illegal immigration problem.

Think about this: As we all know, in order for Romney's self deportation attriction plan to work, he would have to get rid of the freebies and the job incentives the illegals are abusing now.
    With all the law suites that WILL spring up from the ACLU, big business lobbyists, and our OBL "buddies", it isn't very likely the immigration problem will go away any time soon under romney's presidency. In fact, any new requirements that strip the benefits illegals are getting now could be tied up for years in litigation.
    Now, I don't expect this problem to fix itself overnight, but I am not going to wait for 15 years for someone to get off their butt to fix it.
    Romney's plan, and Romney being president would be settling for the lesser of two evils and I'm not going to do that this time.

The only reason I would for him is if the presidential race comes down to romney and hitlery and it keeps hitlery out of office.
    Other than that, I'm not settling.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Deporting 12-38 million is not going to happen; the political will is not there. That's the reality. Attitrion by enforcement is the way to go, not "pathways" like Giuliani et al. want to do. We have to get on board soon to stop Giuliani and Huckabee both of whom openly support amnesty schemes, as well as all the Dems.

Similar discussion here:

http://www.alipac.us/ftopic-94491-days0 ... sc-25.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Then WHY DID TANCREDO ENDORSE ROMNEY TODAY????

Quote Originally Posted by sippy
    Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Besides, he has already said that he will not deport the 12 (20 million) already here and he expects them to self deport by taking away all the benefits.
    He is not taking away all their benefits, they can still pump out anchor babies and live off THEIR benefits, plus work for cash here and there. Tancredo should have held out for more concessions.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenJustice
    Then WHY DID TANCREDO ENDORSE ROMNEY TODAY????
    On Tucker's show, he said it was because of the war. Apparently it was more important to invade and occupy a third world country that posed absolutely no threat to us than it is to keep our own country from being invaded.

I feel betrayed by Tancredo, so I'm on a bit of a rant this morning.

Romney is Democrat, and a business man. He'll ally with big business to keep wages low by continuing to allow the free flow of labor into our country, all the while telling us that business needs to compete. We'll all be living in grass huts eating rice patties from China by the time this is over. (OH yes, and continuing to occupy the Middle East will mean bringing back the draft, because enrollments are falling and we are losing Afghanistan again.)

Ron Paul is the only person touting that fact that it is the Constitutional responsibility of the President to secure our borders, and as commander in chief he can use our troops to do it.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

Banned
    Angela, I agree with you, and it's beyond me how members of ALIPAC can support a man who wants to let illegal aliens stay in the country and register for citizenship.

We're really 'In Deep'.

"Romney is Democrat?????"

Since when?

I was being a little sarcastic. Most of the things he "accomplished" while he was governor were the type of things things I would attribute to a Democrat.

Anyway, this is an immigration forum, and even though we don't all agree on the best immigration candidate, I do take solace in that we can all come together over the one issue we have in common.

I think Gheen for that, and for all he's done so far.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12