Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Mitt Romney's illegal immigration problem: Would he reverse Obama's order?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Mitt Romney's illegal immigration problem: Would he reverse Obama's order?

Mitt Romney's illegal immigration problem: Would he reverse Obama's order? - CSMonitor.com

"Mitt Romney has suggested that Mr. Obama's directive to defer deportations for illegal immigrants pursuing their education or in military service is little more than an election-year ploy. But as president, would Mr. Romney be willing to undo a politically popular decision that conservatives have derided as an unconstitutional power grab "poisoning the well" of immigration reform?"

Not only an election ploy, but a treasonous one especially when you bring the military into the picture. Actually not much different from what Romney himself supports according to his own public website:

Military Service
    Mitt Romney believes that young illegal immigrants who were brought to the United States as children should have the chance to become permanent residents, and eventually citizens, by serving honorably in the United States military.

And to top it off, Romney refuses to say what he'll do with Obama's immigration order even on a day when thousands of people lined up to get amnesty.

Folks, these are the two vying for the highest office of the nation.... The country going to be in for another looong four years.

Is there a third, in your opinion, better option?

Not only an election ploy, but a treasonous one especially when you bring the military into the picture.
    Please clarify that this is your opinion.

The military has been a path to citizenship for a long time and it became an expedited path in 2002 through an Executive Order from Bush. That it was already a path to citizenship was a large part of the argument from during the DREAM Act debates.
    Last edited by Newmexican; 08-16-2012 at 11:40 AM.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Military service has been a pathway to citizenship but recruits must be legal residents in order to enlist. My concern is if illegals are allowed into our military, where do their loyalties lie? With increasing violence on our southern border, would Mexican citizens serve in the U.S. military to protect our country or theirs?
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Newmexican View Post
    Is there a third, in your opinion, better option?

Please clarify that this is your opinion.

The military has been a path to citizenship for a long time and it became an expedited path in 2002 through an Executive Order from Bush. That it was already a path to citizenship was a large part of the argument from during the DREAM Act debates.
    But the fact is Romney supports the policy and specifically mentions "young illegal immigrants brought here" in an attempt to say, "Hey. I support illegal immigrants too!". And I was in middle school in 2002 so I would not have cared at that time, but from what I understand, Bush was a disaster for the country too.

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by googler View Post
    But the fact is Romney supports the policy and specifically mentions "young illegal immigrants brought here" in an attempt to say, "Hey. I support illegal immigrants too!". And I was in middle school in 2002 so I would not have cared at that time, but from what I understand, Bush was a disaster for the country too.
    Romney did not say "Hey, I support illegal immigrants too!"

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn