Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MMP commentary from redstate.org

http://strac.redstate.org/story/2005/4/2/121931/1883

Minuteman Project
    By: Strac · Section: Diaries

Though the coverage you are seeing is likely slanted to make it seem as if the Minuteman project is comprised of a group of "extremists" and "rednecks" out "hunting" Mexicans (the opposition really used that term), it is coverage nonetheless. No matter what the negative slant being pushed on this issue by the mainstream press is, or continues to be, don't let it fool you. These are patriots who have simply had enough of government inaction, and are willing to take their own time, and risk their own lives, to do something about it.

I have written at great length, and will continue to do so, on the threat that illegal immigration poses to this country. It is a problem of gargantuan proportions. $10.5 billion (with a "B") are spent annually to supplement this "cheap labor" source. Does that sound cheap to anyone?

Apr 2nd, 2005: 12:19:31, Not Rated

President Bush, a man I voted for, has taken a side on this issue, and unfortunately he has taken the wrong side. His dismissal of these men and women, forty percent of whom are minorities, as "vigilantes" shows just how wrong he is. Whether it be to curry favor with a hispanic voting bloc that will be the majority minority, supplanting African Americans, in a few years, or to appease the corporate types that utilize this "cheap labor" pool, I don't know.

All I can say is, it is truly a sad day, when the republican party and its leadership seek to distance itself from those trying to actually do something about this problem. It was a little more than a decade ago that the republicans were a driving force behind Prop. 187. That initiative, which was passed by an overwhelming majority of Californians, sought to remove the financial incentives for illegal immigration. In yet another act of judicial tyranny, that initiative was deemed "unconstitutional" and overturned by the courts.

What I don't understand about the President's position is why he has taken the stand that he has? Forgetting the overwhelming strain that this influx places on our financial, social, and public infrastructure systems, the failure to close our borders is an enormous national security risk as well. I thought that 9/11 had made us, as a nation, more aware of the multiple threats posed by having lax security and porous borders.

Recent polling has shown that over 90% of Americans are for tighter restrictions on border entry and for curbing the influx of illegal immigrants. 90%! Do you know how hard it is to get 90% of Americans to agree on anything? It's damned near impossible! Yet, the republican leadership continues to approach this issue with a deaf ear.

When 90% of voters agree on something, you had better listen or be prepared to reap the consequences! This has left open a critical flank in the republican's strategy. The dems, if they have any brains at all, will take full advantage of this in coming elections. Much of their support is provided by labor unions. Where do you think the unions will fall on this one? Let's see, there are millions of illegals willing to work for much less than American laborers, thus eroding the union's negotiating power. Hmmm, I don't think it takes a West Point graduate to figure out where the unions will come down on this.

The volunteers for the Minuteman project see this issue for what it is; an invasion of their country, and they mean to do whatever they can to stop it. Now before anyone comes at me with the tired rhetoric of racism and bigotry, let me tell you that, this is not racism and it is not bigotry. I don't care what your color of skin is at all if you are coming here legally! You could be green, yellow, purple or blue and if you came here legally, there would be no problem on my end. I would be just as incensed if it were the Canadians that were breaking our laws and entering our country by the millions, but they're not. It's the country of Mexico that is encouraging and facilitating this behavior.

Vincente Fox is more than happy to quell his own country's unemployment problems by sending those unemployed north of the border. He knows that the majority of the wages earned in the United States by these illegals, will end up in in the Mexican economy. And President Bush is more than complicite in this endeavor. His guest worker program represents a total yielding to all of Fox's wishes.

In the face of our own government not only refusing to stop, but actively assisting these invaders, can you blame the Minutemen for taking action? While their efforts are widely symbolic, it is a powerful bit of symbolism that they are using. It harkens back to the days prior to our own revolution against the King of England, where citizens assumed the duty of creating their own destiny and forging their own future.

This new generation of patriots is seeing a problem and attempting to rectify it, within the boundaries of our laws, before it's too late. The more attention they garner, the less that the President can dismiss them and this issue. The more focus that is placed on this problem through their actions, the less chance of passage the "Guest Worker" bill has.

Of all the accusations and taunts thrown at Washington, Jefferson, Adams and the other founding fathers by the English crown, I'm willing to bet that "vigilante" was one of them. Not bad company to be in now is it?

Strac
    Bulldogz.Org
    "This country has lost control of its borders. And no country can sustain that kind of position." .... Ronald Reagan

When 90% of voters agree on something, you had better listen or be prepared to reap the consequences! This has left open a critical flank in the republican's strategy. The dems, if they have any brains at all, will take full advantage of this in coming elections.
    Unfortunately, I don't think the Dems are smart enough to saddle
    this gift horse--and it is a huge gift.

He knows that the majority of the wages earned in the United States by these illegals, will end up in in the Mexican economy. And President Bush is more than complicite in this endeavor.
    And the wages are not in OUR economy, while our wages are being depressed and jobs lost. Mr. Bush, are you paying attention?
    http://www.alipac.us Enforce immigration laws!