Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MN: Hearing on immigration raids underway

Last update: April 26, 2007 – 2:15 PM

Hearing on immigration raids underway

By Jean Hopfensperger hopfen@startribune.com, Star Tribune

A federal judge rejected a court petition to stop immigration agents from repeating the tactics they employed during a large-scale raid in Willmar earlier this month. But she allowed a lawsuit stemming from the raid to move forward.
    Attorneys for about two dozen Latino residents who were caught up in the door-to-door searches for illegal immigrants had asked the court to issue a temporary restraining order against Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents.

They charged that immigration agents failed to show search warrants, forced their way into homes, and engaged in racial profiling when it interrogated city residents last month.

U.S. District Court Judge Ann Montgomery denied the petition. But the lawsuit raises some serious issues over possible violations of constitutional rights, she said.

"I'm very concerned about the nature of the allegations," she said.

The legal action in U.S. District Court in Minneapolis followed a large-scale search for illegal immigrants with criminal backgrounds or deportation orders earlier this month in Willmar.

"Operation Cross Check" concluded on Friday, April 13, and resulted in the arrests of 49 illegal immigrants.

http://www.startribune.com/462/story/1146203.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Attorneys for about two dozen Latino residents who were caught up in the door-to-door searches for illegal immigrants had asked the court to issue a temporary restraining order against Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

JAK
    They charged that immigration agents failed to show search warrants, forced their way into homes, and engaged in racial profiling when it interrogated city residents last month.
    I'm sorry, I don't agree with this racial profiling PC BS! If we have blue, green, yellow and orange people and the green guy robbed the liquior store are we going to waste TIME and MONEY on the blue,yellow and orange people...so that we don't hurt someones feelings? This is just another way to tie Americans hands. If you are legal you shouldn't be offended when we have a massive problem... and I don't think most people would be. Just the attorneys and illegals that need an EXCUSE to get AROUND THE LAW! They are illegal and we should have the right to ask them!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by JAK
    I'm sorry, I don't agree with this racial profiling PC BS! If we have blue, green, yellow and orange people and the green guy robbed the liquior store are we going to waste TIME and MONEY on the blue,yellow and orange people...so that we don't hurt someones feelings? This is just another way to tie Americans hands. If you are legal you shouldn't be offended when we have a massive problem... and I don't think most people would be. Just the attorneys and illegals that need an EXCUSE to get AROUND THE LAW! They are illegal and we should have the right to ask them!
    LMAO JAK, Blue, green, yellow and orange people Love it, thanks for the laugh I needed it What a picture that makes.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)