Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

MO-Two Women Arrested for Allegedly Stealing Baby Formula

Two Women Arrested for Allegedly Stealing Baby Formula
    Reported by: Brad Douglas
    Friday, Mar 13, 2009 @06:06pm CST

Two women are arrested for stuffing more than 250 dollars worth of baby formula into their clothes.
    23 year old Lorena Fuentes and 21 year old Lurdeds Garza-Callada are being held in the jasper county jail.

Both were arrested with stealing, resisting arrest and trespassing.

The women allegedly stole the baby formula at the Carthage Wal-Mart on Wednesday.

Sergeant David Martin with the Carthage Police Department says the women were planning on returning the items for cash.

Officers say people will go to many extremes to steal from area stores.

Both suspects have been charged with misdemeanor stealing and are both being held for an immigration violation.

http://fourstateshomepage.com/content/f ... ?cid=58201
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

How interesting is this after reading other articles about Walmart and their special Hispanic stores and the Hispanic woman blaming officers for beating her and breaking her arm (from resisting to have finger prints)
    Both were arrested with stealing, resisting arrest and trespassing.

The women allegedly stole the baby formula at the Carthage Wal-Mart on Wednesday
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Sergeant David Martin with the Carthage Police Department says the women were planning on returning the items for cash.

Maybe.

If it was in powdered form, maybe not.

They buy, or steal, it for use in cutting drugs with it. One can brings them quite a bit of $$.

A whole little cottage industry has sprung up around this use, especially for those receiving food stamps and/or WIC, where everything they get for it is sheer profit and they don't assume any risk getting caught stealing it.

I can't speak to what was going on in other places, of course, but here in AZ this powdered formula black market got it's start years ago......I'd say 10, maybe a little more........when a limit was imposed permitting only one case of 6 cans per purchase because of what it was being used for and, if you bought a case, most stores took a photocopy of your ID. I don't know about now, but 8 years ago when my youngest was born, that limit was still in place.

Once that happened, and the "pharmacists" could no longer send someone in to buy unlimited amounts of what they needed, was when this really took off.

Since these women were stealing it, and therefore would have had no receipts for it, it doesn't seem likely that they were planning to return it to the store for cash.

Because of the rampant practice of "refunding", how many stores these days offer cash refunds at all, let alone without receipts?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They buy, or steal, it for use in cutting drugs with it. One can brings them quite a bit of $$.
    I heard that. They were locking it up and asking for ID's in some states just like they do for cold pills.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

So this is how these parasites supplement their incomes, in addition to: WIC, welfare, housing subsidies, free lunch programs, etc?

So disgusting!

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    I heard that. They were locking it up and asking for ID's in some states just like they do for cold pills.

Exactly.........I know of a few stores in the area which had to resort to that.

Places like Osco and some others open 24 hours a day were especially vulnerable on the night shifts and it was quite common for them to be victimized by "formula runs" where two or three people would go in, load up carts and go running out with the stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    So this is how these parasites supplement their incomes, in addition to: WIC, welfare, housing subsidies, free lunch programs, etc?

So disgusting!

Oh my dear friend NB.......I could tell you stories of the kind of profiteering from food stamps and WIC I've seen which would curl your teeth clear through your upper lip.

I don't know about now, but 8 years ago when my youngest was born, that limit was still in place.
    Off topic, but they must have stopped limiting formula in AZ. I buy 10 cans at once for my infant, and have never had a problem. She should be off formula in a couple months, and I was planning on giving her unopened cans away on craigslist but now that I know what some people use it for, I won't. I don't want people like that coming to my house to pick it up. I'm glad you mentioned this! I had no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
    Quote Originally Posted by crazybird

Exactly.........I know of a few stores in the area which had to resort to that.

Places like Osco and some others open 24 hours a day were especially vulnerable on the night shifts and it was quite common for them to be victimized by "formula runs" where two or three people would go in, load up carts and go running out with the stuff.
    They did this several years ago here in Texas. Apparently meth cookers use it so they had to lock it up. As far as how illegals make their extra money here, they use WIC for all the freebies, and then sell the products at flea markets. I see it all the time.
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&