Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mooneyham: Saber-Rattling On Immigration

No bias here. Good grief.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Mooneyham, The Rocky Mount Telegram (click masthead)

Mooneyham: Saber-rattling on immigration
    Scott Mooneyham, Capitol Press Association, Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A group called Americans for Legal Immigration Political Action Committee is checking its list and checking it twice. If you haven't heard of the group, you're not alone. Earlier this summer, it held a rally outside the Legislative Building. About two dozen people showed up. The speechifying seemed to draw more gawking reporters than people cheering. Of course, Americans for Legal Immigration isn't exactly for immigration. It was created by a fellow named Bill Gheen to oppose illegal immigration. A more apt name for the group would be "Round Up the Illegals and Ship 'Em All Back to Mexico."

At one time, Gheen worked as a legislative assistant for former N.C. Sen. Hugh Webster of Alamance County. But he's been at this illegal immigration stuff for a while. During a campaign rally outside state Republican Party headquarters in 2002, Gheen passed out fliers blaming Gov. Mike Easley and the state's driver's license policies for a gang rape in a southern Piedmont county. Subtlety apparently isn't his strong suit. Americans for Legal Immigration now says it is ready to put candidates' feet to the fire on illegal immigration. The group recently sent out a missive saying that it will begin endorsing candidates in U.S. Senate and congressional races based on their support of "border security, fines for employers, removal of taxpayer benefits for illegals, and the empowerment of local police to enforce immigration laws."

Among other things, it will penalize candidates whose campaigns advertise in Spanish. No doubt, all those state legislators who voted a few years ago to print election ballots in Spanish will get a zero. In the release, Americans for Legal Immigration also refers to itself as "one of America's largest grassroots organizations." Interesting description for a political action committee that, in two election cycles, has taken in a few hundred contributions. Using the same criteria of political activity, surely the N.C. Academy of Trial Lawyers (or whatever it calls itself now) and the N.C. Association of Realtors must be among America's most "supermongous grassroots organizations." Still, politicians everywhere are probably shaking in their boots.

In the previous election cycle, ALIPAC raised $47,433. It contributed to two politicians, giving $500 to Republican Congressman Walter B. Jones of North Carolina's 3rd District and $1,000 to Republican congressional candidate John Jacob of Utah, according to Federal Election Commission reports. FEC reports show that the group has raised $179,547 in the current election cycle. That's a pretty good chunk of change, right? At the end of June, it had given to one candidate, $500 to California Republican Ted Hayes in a Don Quixotesque campaign against Democrat Maxine Waters. Remaining in its coffers: $1,270. Instead of giving to candidates, Gheen has mainly used PAC donations to pay for the group's Website, mount public relations campaigns, conduct more fundraising and travel to Iowa and Washington. It might be a good formula for self-promotion. It's not one that will do much to influence elections this fall. Source (click here)
    '58 Airedale

Oh this is funny.

Scott Mooneyham is one of the most liberal and biased old guard defenders of the NC Democratic leadership. He is notorious for his smear campaigns.

If we were of no consequence, he would not be in such an uproar about ALIPAC.

Scott Mooneyham, Kristin Collins, and the big papers in NC are all piling on me right now.

They are very resentful of our ability to bypass their once unchallenged monopolies on information. I am constantly warning the populace about their censorship and bias on about seven NC talk radio stations.

I guess they have noticed.

This article completely omits our successes here in NC where we defeated In-state tuition for illegal aliens in 2005 and got several new state laws passed in 2006 to combat illegal immigration in NC.

It omits all of our won battles and accomplishments in fact.

Yes, ALIPAC has sent me to other states and Washington, DC to fight amnesty and other battles. That is our main focus.

While we wish we had more money to give candidates, most of our funds have gone to making our information, activism, and volunteer platforms and efforts possible.

He lies when he says we claimed we were "one of America's largest grassroots organizations:

We said we were "one of America's largest grassroots organizations fighting against amnesty and illegal immigration."

Glad to see them finally mention one of the four illegal alien gang rapes that occurred in our state over the last few years. They have refused to write about any of those before now.

I have no idea how this airhead concocted the lie "has taken in a few hundred contributions" when we raised $120,000 last year which was only our third full year in operation and my first full year doing this full time. We raised 120k without utilizing mass fundraising tactics and list exchanges.

A few hundred would mean 300 contributors which would mean that our average donation was $400! What a sick joke!

We've had several thousand people contribute and while we have large donors I think our average contribution is around $50 per person.

Also, we have not contributed to Ted Hayes's campaign for Congress. That is a flat outright lie. We donated some money to Ted to help his activism effort is Los Angeles long before he launched his campaign.

I'm glad to see Scott Mooneyham's underwear in such a bunch! He would not go to these lengths to attack us and distort the truth if he did not fear our influence.

Thank's Scott.

William Gheen
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    A more apt name for the group would be "Round Up the Illegals and Ship 'Em All Back to Mexico."
    That sounds darn good to me. Well, for those that came from Mexico anyway. If they are from Ireland, send 'em back to Ireland, if they're from Brazil...............

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    A more apt name for the group would be "Round Up the Illegals and Ship 'Em All Back to Mexico."
    That sounds darn good to me. Well, for those that came from Mexico anyway. If they are from Ireland, send 'em back to Ireland, if they're from Brazil...............
    Yea, I should thank him for the name suggestion. We will probably pick up some new supporters from people that read that line!
    W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Oh, poor Scott....

I just checked and he only Googles at 4,130

My name Googles at over 30,000.

It appears that many more people have heard of me than have heard of Scott Mooneyham. lol

W

bttt

I too thought it was pretty transparent. My take is, "The lady doth protest too much, methinks." His kind of junkalism has been outed and many of the few who read it, resent it.
    '58 Airedale

Mooneyham

Thanks William, for your dedication, hours of service, and for this website. The information available here is outstanding.
    It is also nice to have a place to 'vent' my frustration at our federal government and so called reporters, like Mooneyham.

Keep up the GOOD WORK and GOD BLESS YOU !!!!!!!!!

Well here is 1 person who has never heard of this jerk....

My profound gratitude to the MSM, etc. for sparing me.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

working4change
    BTTT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast